Possible FISD Bond Election

Rooster

Silver Member
Ok...so in other words, they're asking for the same tax increase the voters told them "no" last time, except this time they're going to dangle the carrot of a temporary lower rate for 2-5 years to try to make it palatable?

Opus

Silver Member
Was there a bond issue last time? That is usually how they get the votes if there are issues. Put everything into one big package and this makes it hard to vote against because you know certain parts are needed.

Rimrock

Double Platinum
Ok...so in other words, they're asking for the same tax increase the voters told them "no" last time, except this time they're going to dangle the carrot of a temporary lower rate for 2-5 years to try to make it palatable?
Stabbing With Their Steely Knives, They Just Can't Kill the Beast

Rooster

Silver Member
I'm surprised there has been zero discussion on this, as passionate as it was last time. I'm seeing nothing on any social media platforms.

kenny6

Gold Member
I'm surprised there has been zero discussion on this, as passionate as it was last time. I'm seeing nothing on any social media platforms.
Not as much as last time but there's some convos going on.

Facebook - "Frisco Politics" "Parents of Frisco ISD" "Frisco ISD Voice"

Last time there was some major event on the same day and only about 5% of registered voters voted. That's a very low number of voters for something as important as that. Hope more people vote this time.

TPW

Diamond Member
Empower Texas isn't in everyone's ear pushing their lies and misinformation like they did last time. That could be a big part of the reason.

kenny6

Gold Member
Empower Texas isn't in everyone's ear pushing their lies and misinformation like they did last time. That could be a big part of the reason.
They are. And the NO crowd is lapping it up.

You must not be on social media. They also sent out a mailer over the weekend.

TPW

Diamond Member
They are. And the NO crowd is lapping it up.

You must not be on social media. They also sent out a mailer over the weekend.
That could be it. I tend to ignore them at all costs. Seriously one of the most dishonest political action committees I have ever run across.