Pool Builders - Mirage, Riverbend, Outdoor, Foley

We are finalizing plans to build a pool and the 4 vendors that we are down to are:

Mirage Custom Pools
Outdoor Living Pool and Patio
Riverbend
Foley

If anyone has any experience with these builders, good or bad, it would be a tremendous help!

Thank you in advance...

I really liked working with Riverbend Sandler through the quote/design process. I would feel very confident with them building a pool for me.

We used Foley to build our last pool. I think they do a solid job and we are happy with the finished product. We worked with the dad and he didn't really do a lot of "up sell" which I'm sure some people appreciate but we did want some upgraded features so I felt I had to ask about them rather than just being presented with them as options. I think if you know what you want they can provide it but my experience was that they didn't provide a lot of information on it. Very honest, reliable people.

Thank you both for your reply....

Jsutter, when searching at the top of the page, I put in "pools" and listed several builders and nothing ever showed up....How were you able to search contect within the forum to provide the links?

This was very helpful and appreciated..

We built a pool with Foley this past spring and had a great experience. Like Mom About Town said, they did not try and up sell us much. We too had to ask for some extra features. They said the pool would be done in 6-8 weeks. We finished in 7. It would have been 6, but we changed somethings at the last minute. We had a leak a couple of months ago and Foley came out immediately and fixed it. So far, the customer service seems good. We love our pool.

Thank you both for your reply....

Jsutter, when searching at the top of the page, I put in "pools" and listed several builders and nothing ever showed up....How were you able to search contect within the forum to provide the links?

This was very helpful and appreciated..
Use the search that is on the same line as User CP Forum Rules etc. it works better than the one at the very top right of the page.

Big Dave

Silver Member
We had a very bad experience with Mirage. They are great right up until you sign the contract and then they lose all interest in you. I wouldn't recommend them.

I've heard much better things about Hauk.

Same problem here with Mirage. Can't recommend. Very little oversight of contractors, lengthy delays in communication after emails were sent, generally understaffed, major mistakes with decking and jacuzzi.

We had a very bad experience with Mirage. They are great right up until you sign the contract and then they lose all interest in you. I wouldn't recommend them.

I've heard much better things about Hauk.
Mirage is owned by the Hauk family also. Have had no problems with either company.

Not one of the 4 you mentioned, but we just a built a pool & outdoor living area with Claffey and couldn't be happier. Great, great company. If we move, I would automatically call them again and not even bother with anyone else...we are that happy!

slevan

We met with several different companies & narrowed it down to Riverbend or Hauk. We ended up signing with Hauk because we liked that they are a smaller company with more personal attention. They did a fantastic job & we love our pool. I think we could've been just as happy with Riverbend too. You can't go wrong with either. Good luck!