Police with guns drawn in Grayhawk

As I was trying to pull into my neighborhood on Hawkcreek (Grayhawk subdivision) this morning around 8:15 there were about 7 police cars blocking the entrance and they were all standing outside their cars with their guns pulled on a man that was sitting in his car. If anybody knows what was going on, will you share?
I run most mornings after the kids are all at school but I don't feel particularly safe this morning running.
I know...I know....I'm just opening this thread up for the Wal-Mart and somebody forgot to lock the Little Elm gates. Let's just skip those and only add if you have relevant information.

bizguy

Diamond Member
I know...I know....I'm just opening this thread up for the Wal-Mart and somebody forgot to lock the Little Elm gates. Let's just skip those and only add if you have relevant information.
Man, what a freakin' buzzkill you are this morning... :gaah:

MSJ

Triple Platinum
From your post it sounds like they had an armed / or someone they believed was armed suspect surrounded. Just run in the other direction.

decor8

Silver Member
They had been waiting on both ends of the street bc we saw them around 7:45 just sitting in their cars. What kind/color of car was it?

It was a small, white car. Maybe like a Civic. Clean-cut, middle-aged man was their target. He looked completely surprised by what was going on. I don't think he had been running from them.

canam

Bronze Member
It was Little Elm's mayor ... he crossed into Frisco in a mad dash to escape Little Elm when the gate was opened .. oh wait that's right you didn't want us to speculate, except you do, just keep the speculation to drug dealers and other undesirables.

clellis

They were parked in several spots on Hawk Creek and nearby roads since at least 7:15 AM. After I dropped my daughter off I came back to see the same sight at Hawk Creek and El Dorado. Please let us know if you find out what was going on. I wonder if it had anything to do with the Warrant Roundup that started this month

decor8

Silver Member
There are now detectives taking things from a home a street over from Hawk Creek. I know several neighbors have filed public info/open records requests but that can take awhile to get that info.

which street

There are now detectives taking things from a home a street over from Hawk Creek. I know several neighbors have filed public info/open records requests but that can take awhile to get that info.

is the street to the east of west of hawk creek? i left the neighborhood just after 8:00am this morning and there was a FriscoPD sitting on the corner of tree top and hawk creek...

TIA