Places to ignite your own Fireworks around the area?

Hello Everyone,

We use to visit the Fireworks stand in Lucas (Mr. Bigs), where you can purchase and light off the fireworks on their property. This location is now closed.

I have been researching online and can only find a place in Palmer to light off fireworks legally.

By chance, does anyone know of any firework stands north of here that allow purchase and igniting of fireworks on property?

Thanks!

Last edited:
That's why you buy on a dead end street with a large backyard........and nobody behind you. :)

Waiting for the pile on. Good luck finding what you are looking for.

Finding it difficult to type with only 4 fingers. I don't think the fireworks police will be out with such a vengeance this year given the copious amounts of rainfall.

Thanks AGH. We used to go to Mr. Big's, however, they shutdown and are closed. The town of Lucas Fire Dept tried hard to shut them down last 4th, and were successful last Fall with closing them....

AGH

Gold Member
Thanks AGH. We used to go to Mr. Big's, however, they shutdown and are closed. The town of Lucas Fire Dept tried hard to shut them down last 4th, and were successful last Fall with closing them....
Sad to hear that, thanks for the heads up. I'm glad I didn't just drive out there on the 4th.

The advantage of living in east Texas this summer. Over the years, I've bought some commercial quality fireworks and we set them off right in the front yard. Or off the boat dock aimed out over the lake. No mishaps yet - though the launch canister fell over one year on its side and we all had to run fast due to horizontal fire work displays. Bought a new brush eater tonight from Tractor Suppy - clearing out a ravine next to the house in the morning and building a bonfire tomorrow that could compete with the Aggies LOL.

boiler01

Silver Member
If you're willing to do the drive there is one in Valley View off of 35. Never been, just saw the signs around town out here. I'm right around an hour from 380 and the tollway, so add about 15-20 minutes beyond that because VV is past me.

Thanks "boiler01". I have been Google'ing for any info in the town of Valley View for "firework stands or consumer lighting fireworks" and have come up short with all searches.

We are willing to travel to that destination to ignite purchased fireworks. If by chance, you happen to drive by one of those signs around town the next days and see the exact name of the Vendor/Property, that would be much appreciated.

andygump

Platinum Member

We are willing to travel to that destination to ignite purchased fireworks. If by chance, you happen to drive by one of those signs around town the next days and see the exact name of the Vendor/Property, that would be much appreciated.
Just curious, what's the big deal about shooting off fireworks?