Panda Express - Anyone else get horribly ill from eating there?

sdray

For the first time I tried out Panda Express on Eldorado and 423 by Walmart. Tasty, but obviously fast food quality. An hour after I ate my meal, I had horrible stomach cramps and the meal left my body quicker than it went in. I thought it might be food poisoning, but after I did some googling, a lot of people seem to get the same reaction from eating at this chain. Maybe some of us are more sensitive to some of the additives they add? Or to MSG?

Just thought I'd ask if anyone else has had the same experience froma Panda Express and if so, do they know why?

No more Panda Express for me!

Sticky Davis

Double Platinum
I never got sick at Panda Express - and I have gone to their locations all over the country.

But with my years of heavy traveling and eating from one-off fast food chains, hole in the wall cafes, downtown food push carts and often indescribable food at airports, I've probably built up immunity. You could use my DNA to develop a new strain of pennicillin.

But could have been a spoiled meat product at Panda. It happens more often when a supplier didn't refrigerate the food properly along the way - or it became contaminated due to poor food processing methods.

Forestoney

Platinum Member
Recently read a story about food illness. Very rarely can a person pinpoint the location that made them sick (even if they think they can) because the incubation period for foodborne illness can be days.

Just something to think about when calling out specific businesses for this sort of thing.

Opus

Silver Member
Really? You went back to a place that made you sick? You must not be very kind to your body!
Why not if you like it and it is a one time issue. I've made myself sick with my own cooking. I didn't stop eating my own cooking because of it.

LuvLife

Bronze Member
I've eaten at Panda (mostly the one on Preston) many times, and never gotten sick. It's my favorite Chinese food! I've always thought the one on Preston is the best.

rbrodner

Diamond Member
For the first time I tried out Panda Express on Eldorado and 423 by Walmart. Tasty, but obviously fast food quality. An hour after I ate my meal, I had horrible stomach cramps and the meal left my body quicker than it went in. I thought it might be food poisoning, but after I did some googling, a lot of people seem to get the same reaction from eating at this chain. Maybe some of us are more sensitive to some of the additives they add? Or to MSG?
It sounds like MSG Intolerance and it happens to a lot of people. Take an Imodium before you eat it and you won't get the symptoms.

mikel

Platinum Member
I know the Great China Wall on Preston scored a 29 from the health inspection which is 1 point away from being able to shut it down. I'm guessing you may have a similar experience there as well.

No problems here with Panda

We eat at that Panda Express a few times a month and have eaten at other locations as well. We alsways enjoy the food, and have never had an issue.

DC Lady

Double Platinum
Just the thought of eating asian fast food is making me feel sick. It has probably been 5 years since I ate one of those places.

Eat there often. Got really sick after eating there a couple of weeks ago but wasn't sure that was it because we eat there so often and had never gotten sick before. Maybe it was the Panda...?