Orlando shooter was so disgusted by the sight of two men kissing

cyning

The idea that this attack had nothing to do with religion was an attack on gays, rather than an attack on Americans, because he saw two men kissing, was started by the shooter's father and seems to be an attempt to characterize the attack as something other than a radical Muslim terrorist attack.

If he was specifically targeting gays, why, then, did the shooter also scout Disney World as a potential target?

http://www.people.com/article/omar-mateen-disney-world-scouted-attacks

klmills

The idea that this attack had nothing to do with religion was an attack on gays, rather than an attack on Americans, because he saw two men kissing, was started by the shooter's father and seems to be an attempt to characterize the attack as something other than a radical Muslim terrorist attack.

If he was specifically targeting gays, why, then, did the shooter also scout Disney World as a potential target?

http://www.people.com/article/omar-mateen-disney-world-scouted-attacks
My view is that his motive was jihadi terrorism (radical Islamic terrorism for those of you who will jump and scream that I didnt use the proper vernacular) and he selected the gay club as a "twofer" so to speak given his homophobia.

I hadnt seen the article that you posted the link to or heard that details within yet but if they are true, and the wife actually did tell the FBI that he had "scouted" Disney or any other location, then she should be locked up immediately and charged as an accessory to 49 murders and 53 attempted murders and as a co-conspirator. I have heard nothing about that, so either they are keeping it under wraps or the People article is not entirely accurate. If it is accurate, I hope she gets old smokey.

The idea that this attack had nothing to do with religion was an attack on gays, rather than an attack on Americans, because he saw two men kissing, was started by the shooter's father and seems to be an attempt to characterize the attack as something other than a radical Muslim terrorist attack. If he was specifically targeting gays, why, then, did the shooter also scout Disney World as a potential target? http://www.people.com/article/omar-mateen-disney-world-scouted-attacks
Because there is only one place on earth gayer than all of the gay clubs combined. Disneyworld.

As much as the left will try to move this away from Islamic terror and into a hate crime or a gun control issue, one thing is constant.

The dude was yelling Allah Akbar while killing Americans.

It's Islamic terrorism even if Barry can't bring himself to say it.

As much as the left will try to move this away from Islamic terror and into a hate crime or a gun control issue, one thing is constant. The dude was yelling Allah Akbar while killing Americans. It's Islamic terrorism even if Barry can't bring himself to say it.
Omar spent the last decade avoiding his homosexuality. He spent the last few hours claiming allegiance to a number of terrorists groups that are at odds with each other. Omar knew more about penises and anal activities than he did about the reason that one can't claim to be a member of Hezbollah and ISIS at the same time.

Then Gay on Gay isn't a hate crime. You have to be a straight, white male to commit a hate crime. Nice try Erma Bombeck!
It was apparent from the start that the only hate involved was self hate that Omar misdirected outwardly and then laid the blame on diametrically opposed terror groups. His sexuality and terrorism were based on one same principle, any port in a storm. We're learning more as time goes on but apparently Omar's father frequently called his son gay and both women in his life had their suspicions and some confirmations along the way.