New development in Frisco - Wade Park

Chris1771

Silver Member
Hey look, it's going to be what Frisco square should have been...

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/2...ells-for-shopping-and-mixed-use-project.html/

http://www.jrnewman.com/wade-park/

The Southeast corner of the Dallas North Tollway and Lebanon Road will be transformed into one of the premier urban retail centers in North Texas. This mega urban retail development will be something Frisco residents will be proud to call their own. Wade Park will feature a unique blend that merges high-end retail shopping, fine dining, luxury hotels, commercial office space, entertainment and urban living.

?Located in the affluent Dallas suburb of Frisco, Texas, The Forum at Wade Park will consist of 110 acres of multiple uses. The project is currently planned to contain approximately 585,000 square feet of retail, 96,000 square feet of office over retail, 2.3 million square feet in multiple mid to high rise buildings, 700 multi-family residential units and 125 single family residential units. WBA is currently providing master planning services for the project.? -Wakefield Beasley and Associates

?This new concept creates a central location that serves an unfulfilled need in Frisco, an urban retail center that serves as a hub for the city, providing a unique atmosphere that feels special. Wade Park will be the place to go when you have a special occasion to celebrate or to spend an afternoon discovering the latest trends from the runway, at stores that you currently have to drive twenty miles to NorthPark Center to find.? Jim Newman of Newman Real Estate explains.

I wondered what they were putting in there since they've been steady working on that corner here lately. I thought a Central Market or Whole Foods was going in there. I wonder if that is still in the plans?

Rebel

Diamond Member
I wondered what they were putting in there since they've been steady working on that corner here lately. I thought a Central Market or Whole Foods was going in there. I wonder if that is still in the plans?
Whole Foods I believe (IIRC) will be the anchor grocery store on the hard corner.

pearceg

Diamond Member
Curious if or how much FEDC money was involved or if it was possible that a "high value" Tollway intersection was going to develop without millions in public money....
Just like The JerryDome, it's obvious that land is going to sit undeveloped for 20 years unless government cuts a 9-figure check to grease the palms, er, I mean skids.

whatsthat

Diamond Member
Curious if or how much FEDC money was involved or if it was possible that a "high value" Tollway intersection was going to develop without millions in public money....
Man...did a double take...thought Daytripper posted that. :)

Has anyone ever noticed how much sales tax revenue Frisco generates compared to every other city in North Texas?

These are good investments!

Well done Frisco!!! :clap:

Last edited:

Piiilot

Platinum Member
I know the Mayor and Certain Council Members read this site - lets ask them to answer your question........

bizguy

Diamond Member
I'm certain it won't matter what kind of answer they give........

The anti FEDC attack dogs will come out in force and act like they know what's best for the City.
I am not anti-FEDC - I am anti 120 million to Jerry Jones.... outside of that particular deal, I think they do a pretty good job. I am drawing the distinction because we were led to believe that the only to get those high value corners to develop is for tens upon tens of millions dollars of tax money be thrown at it....

Rooster

Silver Member
I am not anti-FEDC - I am anti 120 million to Jerry Jones.... outside of that particular deal, I think they do a pretty good job. I am drawing the distinction because we were led to believe that the only to get those high value corners to develop is for tens upon tens of millions dollars of tax money be thrown at it....
This. While I'm all about priming the pump to bring investment, I can't help but think giving $120 million to Jones for a practice facility could not possibly have been more stupid. Just look at all the "economic development and jobs" that happened around the last TWO Cowboys practice facilities (Forest Ln and Valley Ranch).

Bupkis.

That money could have been invested so much better....

Geck

Platinum Member
So as i read about this project i see it as a second attempt to get right what was screwed up about Frisco Square?

Same ideas and principles so maybe this time they will figure it out.

Mom+4

Silver Member
I see this as a direct competitor (and hopefully, better laid out) to Shops of Legacy in Plano. I love the concept, but HATE the lack of convenient parking to restaurants and shops facing Legacy. Interior is a traffic nightmare as well.

Piiilot

Platinum Member
So as i read about this project i see it as a second attempt to get right what was screwed up about Frisco Square?

Which is why I am interested in knowing if any FEDC funding was used on this project.

Daytimer

Double Platinum
Man...did a double take...thought Daytripper posted that. :)

Has anyone ever noticed how much sales tax revenue Frisco generates compared to every other city in North Texas?

These are good investments!

Well done Frisco!!! :clap:
Just yet in another string of developments in Phrisceaux badly aimed at imitating Southlake's Towne Square or Plano's Shoppes of Legacy.

Hey sparky, tell us again that story about how you think gubmint shouldn't be in the business of picking winners and losers.

whatsthat

Diamond Member
Just yet in another string of developments in Phrisceaux badly aimed at imitating Southlake's Towne Square or Plano's Shoppes of Legacy.

Hey sparky, tell us again that story about how you think gubmint shouldn't be in the business of picking winners and losers.
What story is that??? Can you point it out?

In the meantime....digest this and then get back to me

http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/allocsum/citycnty.html

And my story doesn't end with tax revenues....but JOBS creation!!! Something you Liberals don't really understand

Chris1771

Silver Member

I don't think there should be a second attempt if the city is providing any of the money to help this get built. I really want to like Frisco square...hell I almost moved there. It just seems to be poorly thought out and done half-arsed.

Chris1771

Silver Member
I see this as a direct competitor (and hopefully, better laid out) to Shops of Legacy in Plano. I love the concept, but HATE the lack of convenient parking to restaurants and shops facing Legacy. Interior is a traffic nightmare as well.
Actually, I see it more as (and hope it is) being similar to The Village at Allen/Fairview.