Neighbor Parks In Front Of My House

I hate to be a stickler about this, but is anyone aware if there is anything that can be done about people who consistently park in front of other people’s homes? We own our home on a somewhat crowded street and people who live in a rental across our street always have at least 4 (sometimes more) cars parked in front of their place (two on their side and two on ours). We have kids with cars who work after school and are having to park down the street because we can’t use the parking spots in front of our own house.

Taking to the neighbors hasn’t helped, so I’m just curious if anyone else has to or has ever dealt with this issue. :-(

golfacct

Silver Member
I hate to be the one to point out that the street is public parking.

But on that point, I never understood why so many people park in the street and not in the garage or driveway.

Real Estate Guy

Admin
Staff member
It is correct that the streets are public. However, many lease agreements have limitations on the number of cars. If you message the property manager they may be willing to help as they want to keep good graces with the neighbors.

I would politely ask if they could refrain from parking in front of your home because your kids need that spot. Surely they would understand. Otherwise contact the city of Frisco and see if they have any ordinances pertaining to this. I know City of Frisco is vigilant on fixing anything that makes the city look less attractive. I learned that from my neighbor who calls the city when someone hasn't mowed for a while. Needless to say, our street has perfectly manicured lawns.