Need help to fix my Lexus. Any good car place I should go to?

My Lexus is blowing out warm air even my heat is off on a freezing old day. When I turned the air conditioner on, the air was still warm. My battery went out the other day, Firestone replaced it with a new one and said everything is good and fix. When I get home, my air vent is still blowing warm air. These people at Firestore was just trying to get rid of me and make more money off other people. I am sick of these technicians. Can someone recommend a good honest technician for me please? BTW, the hot air started after I changed my own air filter. So I don't know if that is the cause of the problem.

planomateo

Platinum Member
I've heard good things about Davenport Motors in Plano (never used them, they're cheaper than Lexus). I've had good results from Dallas Precision Imports (in Frisco near the Walmart on Preston near main street) when working on my Honda for some things I didn't want to tackle myself.

I have a Toyota/Lexus diagnostic cable that I use on my cars that helps me read issues, I could always meet you somewhere to see if it throws any codes.

What model/year is it? It's probably compressor related, but depends on if they have dampers that control the airflow.

I cannot see why changing the battery has anything to do with the heat/cold issue; unless, they had to disconnect, or accidently disconnected, something in order to install the battery.

Now, you may have disconnected something when you change the filter. When changing my Highlander filter I have to be careful that nothing becomes disconnected when I lift the top off of the air cleaner box.

I'm hesitant to jump into this one since it is electrical, but it could be a TON of different things from the blend door being stuck (most likely) to temp sensor going out.

I am assuming when you say air filter, you are talking about the cabin air filter and not the engine air filter. I would take the cabin air filter out and try it again. If it works then you probably blocked the blend door or it became stuck from debris.

Without knowing the make and model its difficult to say the proximity of the blend door to the cabin air filter.

Geck

Platinum Member
There is a Lexus dealer on the tollway and Spring Creek Parkway. Take it there and they will be able to fix it. They will most likely give you a loaner car to drive while they work on it.

Last edited:
My goodness this site sucks now...I just accidentally spammed this thread...sorry, but I am not going to waste my time trying to figure out how to fix it. Kelly at AutoER is trustworthy and has fairly good prices. He should be able to figure out what is wrong with your vehicle and get it fixed in a timely manner.