Moving to the Frisco area - is Grayhawk a good neighborhood to buy a house and move the family?

robsonsg

Hi, I'm moving to the Frisco area and found a good house in Grayhawk. Can you tell me if that is a good community? Safe, family-friendly, well kept... I have 2 kids, one would go to Boals Elementary (is that a good school)?
Thanks for you help!

Mommyp

Platinum Member
You will be fine there BUT, the bigger question is where are you working? Traffic can be severe near Walmart. Weekends are a complete nightmare. I usually avoid the area like there was Ebola in the air.

Now, that being said it has been a while since I have been there so perhaps someone with more recent experience can chime in. I would look at google maps with traffic info during your key commute times and the weekend to get a better idea of traffic (although it might be different due to the holidays)

cyning

Welcome to Frisco! I think you’ll like it.

Off the top of my head, I don’t think I know anyone who lives in the Grayhawk area, so I don’t have much specific information about it. However, Frisco is, quite literally, one of the safest, most family friendly cities in the country. You’ll be hard pressed to find any neighborhood in Frisco that is not very safe and family friendly, plus Frisco ISD schools are consistently good.

Where are you moving from?

You will be fine there BUT, the bigger question is where are you working? Traffic can be severe near Walmart. Weekends are a complete nightmare. I usually avoid the area like there was Ebola in the air.
Traffic would be the issue for me, Wal-Mart traffic and heading east to North Dallas Tollway around rush hour can be a pain.

For me it's a little too close to Little Elm for my comfort level

Good neighborhood, really good price point on homes. We have a couple of friends who have lived there 10-15 years each. One raising 3 kids and the other 2. Now in middle school and high school, but they all went to Boals and got a great education. Several are honor students. Location not idea if you’re commuting south of Frisco for work. Add an extra 10 minutes. But now that 423 has been widened, many folks head south on it, rather than first driving over to the DNT. So much better than before. Disregard Sumtingwong - there’s nothing wrong with living near LE.

I've lived in Grayhawk for 13 years, and this is the only home most of my seven kids have ever known. I love our neighborhood! It's great for walking around. I don't have a daily commute, but I agree that traffic on Eldorado is a little crazy. As for safety, we have never had a break-in of our home, cars on the street, or packages being stolen. We live on a street that is not busy, and my kids play outside unsupervised all the time, and I have never worried about them. The pools have gotten a little crowded over the years, but we work around that by going in the middle of the day rather than the evening.

Now, that being said it has been a while since I have been there so perhaps someone with more recent experience can chime in. I would look at google maps with traffic info during your key commute times and the weekend to get a better idea of traffic (although it might be different due to the holidays)
I dont think this poster lives here any more. lives in New Mexico.. Also had moved to Allen prior to New Mexico.. so take this with a grain of salt. Frisco Traffic in rush hour, depending on where your from is nothing. Compare it to Austin or San Antonio, and its trivial

Green225

Platinum Member
I dont think this poster lives here any more. lives in New Mexico.. Also had moved to Allen prior to New Mexico.. so take this with a grain of salt. Frisco Traffic in rush hour, depending on where your from is nothing. Compare it to Austin or San Antonio, and its trivial
Agree. The widening of FM 423 to six lanes to the south and all the way to U.S. 380 to the north was completed many, many months ago. Traffic problems at the 423 and Eldorado intersection adjacent to Walmart are nonexistent.

Mommyp

Platinum Member
Hence why I said to check for a more recent update on traffic.

Yes, here in NM we also have traffic issues - mostly from deer and elk.

Last edited: