Mass stabbing at Lone Star College in Houston

Baysyd

Triple Platinum
A picture perfect example of how regulating the object used to commit a crime is useless.

The issue is the person using said object in an inappropriate manner regardless of what said object may be.

penguin

Diamond Member
per Piiilot:
"Need to outlaw knives right away, someone call the idiot in the White House and get him on it."

Makes as much sense as registering, banning and confiscating pencils in order to wipe out the crime of misspellings.

penguin

Diamond Member
From MSJ's wiki link:

"...Sarcasm is argued to be more sophisticated than lying because lying is expressed as early as the age of three, but sarcastic expressions take place much later during development..."

Thank you for that compliment.

S.B.

Silver Member
A picture perfect example of how regulating the object used to commit a crime is useless.

The issue is the person using said object in an inappropriate manner regardless of what said object may be.
Absolutely right?
Just think what the casualty / fatality numbers could have been if the idiot used a gun instead of a knife.

eyeamdaman1

Platinum Member
Absolutely right?
Just think what the casualty / fatality numbers could have been if the idiot used a gun instead of a knife.

Stop with the common sense.

A knife was used in this attack and all survived. Totally different story had the perp had a gun.

whatsthat

Diamond Member

A knife was used in this attack and all survived. Totally different story had the perp had a gun.
Tell that to those critically injured and had to be careflighted to the hospital.

HOPEFULLY they all survive

Now...how bout the fact that these attacks are happening in Gun Free Zones

Last edited:
Absolutely right?

I think the point is being missed here. The problem is NOT the gun/X-Acto knife/plane/bomb. It is the PERSON wielding it & the MENTAL ILLNESS that they have. 100% of these mass killings/attacks have been committed by someone with a mental illness, but not ALL have used a gun.

lucas mccain

Triple Platinum
Personally I say ban all people, but since that is unrealistic I say we coral all people with mental illness and do away with them. I appoint myself as the one who decides who is "mentally ill". :)

NottaName

Diamond Member
The thing about these perps is that they want to be known for the damage they do. Guns, knives, hammers, it doesn't matter.

If they really wanted to inflict harm on a great number of people but not be known, there are a bazillion ways, from hacking to poison. But that won't get them want they want: notoriety.

It's clearly a mental health issue. I simply do not understand why guns have been targeted. Why can't our politicians stop with the political drama and work to a true remedy rather than exploiting and dancing around their favorite issue du jour?

I have a relative who became mentally ill, although NEVER a threat to society. I did my best to help, but was thwarted at every turn - insurance wouldn't cover, finding resources was almost impossible, it was such a tough time. After going through what I did in trying to help this individual I realize how hard it is to get help. Where would a parent, sibling, aunt, therapist, etc.go to if they thought someone they knew was a menace to society?

penguin

Diamond Member
per NottaName:
"...But that won't get them want they want: notoriety...."

So how could we get the media to button up their sorry motor-mouthing lips to keep these idiots from getting the publicity their warped minds are attracted to like heroin?

Paul Harvey, many years ago when covering a story about such nutburgers, would describe the details, but end with the remark that "he would want me to mention his name...." at which point the story would end. Now there was a man with integrity, which is sorely lacking in the enemedia.