Manafort Jailed

The fact that you even refuse to acknowledge that Clinton is corrupt and unfit to lead is exactly my point in all this, you're as bad as those you complain against.
You are as full of it now as you were the last fifty times you tried to pull this.

Don't vote for Hillary. She's terrible. So is Drumpf. They both suck. Vote third party or leave it blank.

If you can't see that they both suck, then you're just as gullible as any Clinton supporter.
Give it up. That was my position throughout most of the election. It remains my position now. At this point you're simply incapable of accepting the reality of my stance because it doesn't fit with your perception.

And for the record, I'd say that Clinton is AT LEAST as corrupt as Trump and given a choice between the 2 of them, I'd rather have Trump and that truly pains me to say because I cant stand this ignorant, ego driven POS
Congratulations, you actually took a side. I'm sure that was incredibly painful. I disagree with you but ultimately that doesn't matter. What matters is that those currently in power are held to account for their behavior. Continuing to rail on Clinton (who, last I checked, holds no political office at present) every time someone points out the latest Trump scandal (his campaign manager is in jail) plays into the same partisan narrative that helps Republicans.

Manafort is in jail. Trump's campaign manager was and is a criminal. So are many people who were on his campaign or working for him in the White House.

Personally I think they should be held responsible and that we shouldn't rely on "both sides" as an excuse to avoid the reality of the depths of corruption we're facing right now.

but he has gotten some positive results
Hey, at least the trains are running on time, right?

FCS Wes

Silver Member
You are as full of it now as you were the last fifty times you tried to pull this.

Give it up. That was my position throughout most of the election. It remains my position now. At this point you're simply incapable of accepting the reality of my stance because it doesn't fit with your perception.

Congratulations, you actually took a side. I'm sure that was incredibly painful. I disagree with you but ultimately that doesn't matter. What matters is that those currently in power are held to account for their behavior. Continuing to rail on Clinton (who, last I checked, holds no political office at present) every time someone points out the latest Trump scandal (his campaign manager is in jail) plays into the same partisan narrative that helps Republicans.

Manafort is in jail. Trump's campaign manager was and is a criminal. So are many people who were on his campaign or working for him in the White House.

Personally I think they should be held responsible and that we shouldn't rely on "both sides" as an excuse to avoid the reality of the depths of corruption we're facing right now.

Hey, at least the trains are running on time, right?

You are an idiot, if you actually bothered to read any of my comments you know I chose a side a long time ago but you're too much concerned with Hillary not having been elected because you think she's a better choice when in fact she is at least as corrupt As Trump yet you fail to admit that and you continue to fail to admit that. You act as though she's some pure politician compared to Trump. Both of them are trash do you understand that? Both of them are trash.

Again the problem with you is the same as it is with the hardcore right neither of you have the ability to admit that your side has faults and your side is complicit in why voters dislike your politics

You act as though she's some pure politician compared to Trump. Both of them are trash do you understand that? Both of them are trash.
Don't vote for Hillary. She's terrible. So is Drumpf. They both suck. Vote third party or leave it blank.

If you can't see that they both suck, then you're just as gullible as any Clinton supporter.
Try reading.

Again the problem with you is the same as it is with the hardcore right neither of you have the ability to admit that your side has faults and your side is complicit in why voters dislike your politics
So we shouldn't try to hold Trump accountable because the libs are as bad as the pubs?

That's some solid logic there. Either you believe in holding people accountable or you don't. Every time you whip out the both sides argument it suggests you don't.

FCS Wes

Silver Member
Try reading.

So we shouldn't try to hold Trump accountable because the libs are as bad as the pubs?

That's some solid logic there. Either you believe in holding people accountable or you don't. Every time you whip out the both sides argument it suggests you don't.

Exactly who has said not hold Trump accountable or more specifically when have I said not hold Trump accountable? As far as both sides doing it, we have two options to choose from Hillary or Trump. The question is which one is the least evil. We had two options, only two not three not four not five just to and if you seriously want to sit here and pretend that Hillary is better than Trump you're a fool Trump is trash, So is Hillary I'm not sure why that is so difficult for you to understand. Present to better candidates in 2020 and I bet the outcomes different.

Exactly who has said not hold Trump accountable or more specifically when have I said not hold Trump accountable?
If you want him held accountable you wouldn't have spent this whole thread saying "Manafort going to jail changes nothing" and arguing that both sides are just as bad as each other. That's not the behavior of someone who demands accountability.

As far as both sides doing it, we have two options to choose from Hillary or Trump. The question is which one is the least evil. We had two options, only two not three not four not five just to and if you seriously want to sit here and pretend that Hillary is better than Trump you're a fool Trump is trash, So is Hillary I'm not sure why that is so difficult for you to understand. Present to better candidates in 2020 and I bet the outcomes different.
There is one President, and Hillary isn't it. Whatever she might have hypothetically done as President is a moot point. Whatever she did in the past has zero bearing on any discussion about what Trump has done and is currently doing. She could be eating babies right now and it wouldn't change the fact that Trump is a corrupt President who has surrounded himself with corrupt criminals.

FCS Wes

Silver Member
If you want him held accountable you wouldn't have spent this whole thread saying "Manafort going to jail changes nothing" and arguing that both sides are just as bad as each other. That's not the behavior of someone who demands accountability.

There is one President, and Hillary isn't it. Whatever she might have hypothetically done as President is a moot point. Whatever she did in the past has zero bearing on any discussion about what Trump has done and is currently doing. She could be eating babies right now and it wouldn't change the fact that Trump is a corrupt President who has surrounded himself with corrupt criminals.
You truly are a moron.
I clearly said Manafort going to jail will change nothing because Trump will just pardon him and anyone else.
Secondly, you made the assertion that Clinton is a better candidate, I say based upon what? So her past, just as Trumps, is fair game.

FCS Wes

Silver Member
There is one President, and Hillary isn't it. Whatever she might have hypothetically done as President is a moot point. Whatever she did in the past has zero bearing on any discussion about what Trump has done and is currently doing. She could be eating babies right now and it wouldn't change the fact that Trump is a corrupt President who has surrounded himself with corrupt criminals.[/QUOTE]

Let's be clear, both of these campaigns/ administrations WERE/ARE CORRUPT.
Secondly, manafort doesn't have to do a damn thing because Trump will pardon him, ergo, NOTHING will change.
Looky here.... moron.

You truly are a moron.
I clearly said Manafort going to jail will change nothing because Trump will just pardon him and anyone else.

Secondly, you made the assertion that Clinton is a better candidate, I say based upon what? So her past, just as Trumps, is fair game.
Our respective opinions on which person is more corrupt is a distraction. If you think one pile of garbage has fewer rotten chunks of meat in it than the other, then so be it. They're both still piles of garbage. At the moment, one of those piles of garbage is continuously corrupting everything he touches. I'd say that presents a more compelling concern than the pile of garbage that has mostly faded from public view and does not present an active threat to the world order and the institutions of our government.

You're still wrong that Manafort's jailing changes nothing. Every piece of this leads us closer and closer to the end of the collusion portion of Mueller's investigation. Even if Trump wasn't involved we will still ultimately find out what really happened. Do you honestly disagree with that being important? Do you honestly believe that Trump pardoning his criminal campaign manager will change nothing?

I'm a cynic myself, but even I'm not that bad.

FCS Wes

Silver Member
Our respective opinions on which person is more corrupt is a distraction. If you think one pile of garbage has fewer rotten chunks of meat in it than the other, then so be it. They're both still piles of garbage. At the moment, one of those piles of garbage is continuously corrupting everything he touches. I'd say that presents a more compelling concern than the pile of garbage that has mostly faded from public view and does not present an active threat to the world order and the institutions of our government.

You're still wrong that Manafort's jailing changes nothing. Every piece of this leads us closer and closer to the end of the collusion portion of Mueller's investigation. Even if Trump wasn't involved we will still ultimately find out what really happened. Do you honestly disagree with that being important? Do you honestly believe that Trump pardoning his criminal campaign manager will change nothing?

I'm a cynic myself, but even I'm not that bad.
A pile of stink trash is still a pile of stinky trash regardless of whether it weighs 5 lbs or 10 lbs.
Your argument is that if HRC was POTUS, she'd be less corrupt than Trump, her past doesn't suggest that.
If Manafort doesn't roll on Trump and goes to jail then Trump pardons him, what's changed?

A pile of stink trash is still a pile of stinky trash regardless of whether it weighs 5 lbs or 10 lbs.
Your argument is that if HRC was POTUS, she'd be less corrupt than Trump, her past doesn't suggest that.
Ultimately my argument is that it doesn't matter. Clinton is not President, so it's all hypotheticals and opinions. We might as well argue about which comic book villain would be the worst President.

If Manafort doesn't roll on Trump and goes to jail then Trump pardons him, what's changed?
Public opinion of the depths of Trump's corruption.

FCS Wes

Silver Member
Ultimately my argument is that it doesn't matter. Clinton is not President, so it's all hypotheticals and opinions. We might as well argue about which comic book villain would be the worst President.

Public opinion of the depths of Trump's corruption.
Seriously?
Who's opinion? His core supporters would still support the pardon and excuse it away.
People in the middle already question Trump's decisions and ethics and those on the far Left already flat dislike him matter what so what changes?

Seriously?
Who's opinion? His core supporters would still support the pardon and excuse it away.
People in the middle already question Trump's decisions and ethics and those on the far Left already flat dislike him matter what so what changes?
Independent opinion shifts, and intensity of opinions deepens. Both of those have major impacts on turnout and composition of the electorate at the polls.

Let's be honest, at this point we're basically just arguing about how cynical we should be.