Magpul moving HQ to North Texas

GRIZZLYMAN

Triple Platinum
I can tell you from personal experience that the EDC does not limit itself to sports and retail ventures.
Good to know, even though when I look around Frisco, sometimes I wonder.

Sorry, I didn't see that Rebel had started a thread in National Politics forum a few minutes before I did. I don't go over there very often anymore.

GRIZZLYMAN

Triple Platinum
As someone on another forum pointed out, North Central Texas could mean north of Austin.

I don't know why they would want to be that close to Austin considering the climate down there isn't too different from where they are coming from.

Hopefully, they can get some of those companies out of the northeast to come down here.

SleepyDad

Silver Member
I'd bet it means In the DFW metro area, but the chances of that being Frisco are pretty low. My money would be on somewhere in the Alliance Corridor or maybe Grapevine for easy access to the airport.

We have one on the most proactive and skilled EDC's in this region - if not one of the tops in the U.S.

I am sure they're chasing hard a deal like this one.

They do an average of two dozen corporate relocations a year.

That half a cent of sales tax in a top 15 sales tax revenue city in TX goes a long way. Most cities in this region can't compete with the incentives that we can throw. (One of the few exceptions was the Nebraska Furniture Mart deal - and The Colony put all their chips on the table and bet the farm on their future. A good "all in" poker hand on TC's part - they probably wouldnt survive financially as a city without a deal like that IMHO. Frisco was just not that desperate.)

mridgley

Triple Platinum
Don't forget about Colt Competition. They moved to Breckenridge (west of Weatherford) and bought a HUGE facility (more than they need for competition rifles). Once I learned they were moving, I immediately got engaged with the local chamber and nailed a meeting with Colt ownership. We ended up being above their budget but it was cool meeting them and taking a few tours. I'll be doing the same with Magpul.

M4ForMe

Bronze Member
Maybe somewhere northwest of Austin, say the Leander area? LaRue and Best of the West would be good neighbors...although I guess LaRue is something of a competitor in some areas with Magpul.

My bet is that their new HQ will be within 30 minutes of DFW Airport. A key consideration in corporate relocations for companies that have global customers is to be close to an international airport for their HQ and sales staff.

Magpul has some large defense customers inside and outside the US - so access to a larger airport with more nonstop flights is a must.

And it certainly doesn't matter where they relocate their manufacturing facilities, they can be out in the middle of nowhere - as long as they can attract a labor force that lives nearby.

Baysyd

Triple Platinum
My bet is that their new HQ will be within 30 minutes of DFW Airport. A key consideration in corporate relocations for companies that have global customers is to be close to an international airport for their HQ and sales staff.

Magpul has some large defense customers inside and outside the US - so access to a larger airport with more nonstop flights is a must.

And it certainly doesn't matter where they relocate their manufacturing facilities, they can be out in the middle of nowhere - as long as they can attract a labor force that lives nearby.
This...