Looking for Medicaid Doctor for my mom:

LLB

Silver Member
My dad was on MediCare not Medicaid so not sure if I can help but he went to Dr Bryan Johnson on Main St. I liked him a lot and he was great with my dad. Sometimes we waited for 30 minutes before he got to see the doc but I kinda felt like we had no choice, it took awhile to find a doctor that took Medicare.

Thank you!! It is probably medicare and not medicaid... I probably said it wrong. She's been going to Parkland:( Which is a complete nightmare. She finally got her medicare through social security disability - anything has to be better than Parkland - that place is a hot mess. The wait, the lines, everything is extremely difficult. It's sad because they do that to people and should not. I actually got the number to the site administrator which is the big guy and he is the only one that got things done for her. They send you through the loop because they don't feel like dealing with you and unless you know that it is not right and to actually call the person that oversees the facility they get away with it. Anyway, thank you!

TXJohn1117

Double Platinum
Thank you!! It is probably medicare and not medicaid... I probably said it wrong. She's been going to Parkland:( Which is a complete nightmare. She finally got her medicare through social security disability - anything has to be better than Parkland - that place is a hot mess. The wait, the lines, everything is extremely difficult. It's sad because they do that to people and should not. I actually got the number to the site administrator which is the big guy and he is the only one that got things done for her. They send you through the loop because they don't feel like dealing with you and unless you know that it is not right and to actually call the person that oversees the facility they get away with it. Anyway, thank you!
Go to medicare.gov and click on the link to find a doctor. Easy peasy.

LLB

Silver Member
I have a love hate relationship with Parkland, they saved a friend of ours after a teenager ran him over (he was on a bike) in McKinney and I took him to all his after care appointments at Parkland. They also saved my DH's life after he was run over by a drunk driver. The staff in the trauma center are incredible but all the doctor offices we dealt with were over worked and understaffed. So glad to not be going there several times a week anymore.

I hope you like Dr Johnson, he really took the time to listen to dad and myself (when dad would try to whitewash his health issues). His nurses were all very sweet too.