Lonestar Volleyball

So last night (Friday, Feb. 27), Lonestar Volleyball did not cancel any games despite the big (for Dallas) snow. My daughter had games at 5:45 p.m. and 8:45 p.m. Her last game was delayed by more than 30 minutes because the owner of Lonestar Volleyball sent some of her referees home due to unknown reasons (guessing it was money or weather). I asked her why our game was delayed, and she used profanity and basically replied: "I am the owner and do not really care."

Below are a couple of follow-up videos when I asked her why she sent her refs home but kept our daughters there later than necessary. I share in case any of you are thinking about enrolling your children in volleyball. There are many other great options in the area.

#greedovergirls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcxR0fIivAk&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnVo9x4nzxE&feature=youtu.be

Piiilot

Platinum Member
She KEPT your child there ? Let me get this straight, you were there, your child was there and you had a car ? Sounds YOU kept your child there.

JJFrisco

Double Platinum
You sir are a big baby, as proven in the video and by your post.

Seriously life is too short to get upset over a volleyball game that was delayed 30 minutes.

PS - 3:1 odds you have filed at least one frivolous lawsuit in your lifetime. Get a life.

Mom+4

Silver Member
Maybe some of her refs lived in rural areas and the weather would have made their getting home dangerous.
OMG you poor man, you had a game delayed THIRTY whole minutes. Many even - gasp - FORTY FIVE.

And your poor, poor child had to be out past 10pm. Oh, the horror.

Maybe the business owner put her employees safety higher over the brief inconvenience of parents. Maybe the refs left voluntarily, leaving her in a bind. Maybe she was trying to make the best of the situation she had. All things business owners have to face and deal with all the time.

Snow happened....roads were nuts....lots of businesses closed....many stayed open.

As a parent, you had a CHOICE to go or not (yes, you might lose a few $$$). If it were my kid....we would have stayed home.

And newsflash - every customer does not need to made aware of every business decision a business owner makes...or why.

From the videos you posted, it appears she kept her calm while being pestered and video-taped by a a Phrisceaux "all about me" parent. Maybe she cursed at you. Maybe she was dealing with a ton of other issues besides your little "i must know RIGHT NOW and I'm being inconvenienced" tantrum and really just couldn't deal with that right then.

I don't know - wasn't there and don't know the owner. Just another parent who has had game delays in the past for several sports. Soccer, football, basketball (never enough refs) and even rock band stuff.

There are more things in life that you and your kids may face that will pale in comparison to having to wait a little while for a volleyball game.

S.B.

Silver Member
From a response to a snarky letter to the editor (DMN) the OP wrote some time ago to complain about the poor attitude of dog rescue folks who had the nerve to ask him questions when he wanted to adopt a dog as a Christmas gift for his daughter

"There are many clues in what you wrote here that you've got a giant chip on your shoulder and probably have aggression issues"

Piiilot

Platinum Member
OK I just watched the video. This is more proof you should have to take a test before being allowed to breed. This guy is a total JERK.

hockeymom

Diamond Member
The coach was much more polite to you than I would have ever been! You were antagonistic towards her & trying to provoke a heated response! We played club ball for several years....you are being ridiculous!

LLB

Silver Member
So last night (Friday, Feb. 27), Lonestar Volleyball did not cancel any games despite the big (for Dallas) snow. My daughter had games at 5:45 p.m. and 8:45 p.m. Her last game was delayed by more than 30 minutes because the owner of Lonestar Volleyball sent some of her referees home due to unknown reasons (guessing it was money or weather). I asked her why our game was delayed, and she used profanity and basically replied: "I am the owner and do not really care."

Below are a couple of follow-up videos when I asked her why she sent her refs home but kept our daughters there later than necessary. I share in case any of you are thinking about enrolling your children in volleyball. There are many other great options in the area.

#greedovergirls

I watched both videos and I don't get why you posted under the video's "Published on Feb 28, 2015
Owner of Lonestar Volleyball in Frisco, Texas, goes crazy on me for asking why she sent her referees home on a late snowy night, which made my daughter's team have to stay there until after 10 p.m."
The owner never 'went off' on you and you were making an :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: of yourself in front of a bunch of kids. When someone asks you to leave their place of business then you leave, you don't keep trying to argue with them. JUST TURN AROUND AND WALK OUT THE DOOR.
I wasn't there but as a parent if you felt that your child shouldn't be out in the weather/out after 10 pm (on a Friday night) then you have every right to tell your child to gather her stuff and you take her by the hand and walk out the door. I never would have thought to grab my cellphone and record a one sided argument with the owner of the gym.

I guess since you were able to upload the videos that you and your child (who you embarrassed in front of her friends) made it home after 10pm safe and sound.

I will say *IF* I was a parent that had a child that had a game Friday the 27th, we wouldn't have gone because of the weather. Sometimes parents have to put their big boy/girl panties on and tell their child that they can't go to the game/party/whatever because of weather or maybe even just because mommy and daddy say so.

I know your video isn't getting you any pats on the back here and you are taking a beating from all of us but maybe you need to see someone about your decision making and choices. I don't mean any disrespect to you at all but really I think you need some help.

Good luck!

demvet

Bronze Member

#greedovergirls

My two cents...
I think Lonestar is a weak program. High on promises, low on delivery. Poor coaching, way too expensive.

That said, you are a gigantic dooshebag. You were baiting that woman, and she did not bite. She showed herself to be a pro, you were strictly bush league.

What I find hilarious is that you thought you would find support here for acting like such a jerk wad. YOU are exactly what is wrong with youth sports.

OKTX

Triple Platinum
One wonders what the rest of this special family must be like. I bet the parent teacher conferences are a real hoot.

sjdfw

Silver Member
A full frontal cell phone assault hardly ever works. You really need it coming from a flanking position to catch them off guard to elicit the element of surprise.

What a c*********r. I first read all your comments, then watched the video... and sure enough, no way to side with the nasaly-whiney "man" on this one. Also, just saw the Youtube account/user/name.... the name does not surprise me at all, based on.... life experiences. Steinhauser Stein Mart.

That was uncomfortable to watch. This poor soul doesn't have a chance. I don't get why he is being so aggressive and taking video. I wonder if he watched his videos because he is the one who looks bad.

Geck

Platinum Member
What a c*********r. I first read all your comments, then watched the video... and sure enough, no way to side with the nasaly-whiney "man" on this one. Also, just saw the Youtube account/user/name.... the name does not surprise me at all, based on.... life experiences. Steinhauser Stein Mart.

Just curious, Explain this please?