Jack Russel Mix 9mos Old - Looking for Parents

Dok

We have a super cute 9mos old Jack Russell Terrier mix that we are looking to find a new home for. My wife and I are not dog people, but we tried an experiment to give the kids a chance to experience dog ownership. Unfortunately, the responsibility was more than they were up to and we realized that compromising our hectic schedule for the well being of a dog was not for us. Jake is a really cute and a great little dog. He is about 12 - 15lbs. He has all of his shots, is potty trained, and great with kids of all ages. He is an active dog that will need play time with you on a daily basis. He is also great with other dogs - he goes to play care frequently due to our busy schedule. Please give Jake the home he deserves. You can contact me at dokshome@gmail.com to ask questions or see little Jake for yourself. View attachment 22304 View attachment 22305

Dok

We want to make sure Jake finds a good home, so we are not looking to put him into a rescue. Thanks for the suggestion.

LLB

Silver Member
A JR rescue is an excellent choice as they don't just place a dog, they look into the people that adopt, they do home checks. They never do a phone call with, caller 'I want a dog'..... JR rescue "Ok, come get one from us." Now I'm sure there are some that do do this so do your homework. Stay away from Craigslist or other on-line pet's for sale. Oh and NEVER EVER say FREE to go home as a lot of time these dogs are used as training for fighting dogs.
Some people are just plain sick and I would hate for your dog to become used in such away.
I do have a few friends that like JRT's so I will see if they know anyone looking for a furbaby.

Good Luck

sundae

Gold Member
A JR rescue is an excellent choice as they don't just place a dog, they look into the people that adopt, they do home checks. They never do a phone call with, caller 'I want a dog'..... JR rescue "Ok, come get one from us." Now I'm sure there are some that do do this so do your homework. Stay away from Craigslist or other on-line pet's for sale. Oh and NEVER EVER say FREE to go home as a lot of time these dogs are used as training for fighting dogs.
Some people are just plain sick and I would hate for your dog to become used in such away.
I do have a few friends that like JRT's so I will see if they know anyone looking for a furbaby.

Good Luck
The irony here is that a reputable rescue might not even consider an application from a family who has given away a dog before. Yup, that's right. The same family who relinquishes a dog might not be approved to adopt from that group in the future. That's how good a lot of rescues are. They're looking for the committed adopter and they have the knowledge to find one, as well as the checks and balances in place for the safety of the dog.

I'd definitely consider a rescue group. But it's not that easy. A lot of them are full and space availability is limited by the number of open foster homes.

One of the best reasons to consider rescue is that, if the adoption doesn't work out~ even ten years in the future~ the dog has a safe place to return. If the original owner places the dog and five years later the adopter cannot keep the dog, is the owner prepared to take that dog back in?

Just some things to think about.