In need of 9mm ammo for range

Chris1771

Silver Member
Hey all,

I have a Gen4 Glock arriving early this week and a I'm taking the Pistol 1 class over at Eaggle Gun Range eaglegunrangetx.com on Thursday. Problem is the ammo...I don't have any. I've been to 2 Academys, 2 Walmarts, and BassPro so far without luck. I will keep trying this week. Does anyone have 50-100 rounds of 9mm range grade FMJ ammo they would be willing to part with for a fair price? Willing to pay more than list but not the rates out there on gunbroker, ammolist, etc...

Thanks

Geck

Platinum Member
been trying to get 9mm and 22 LR ammo for about a month now. if you do find it outside of Academy and typical sporting good stores it's over priced. Went to the Gun show in Lewisville Saturday and your standard garden variety Remington 115gr FMJ was selling for between $32 and $36 a box. bought a few of those same rounds at Academy a few weeks back ( got lucky) they were $21 a box. This is nuts. some sites like bulkammo say they are on backorder until June or July.

mridgley

Triple Platinum
Show up at Academy in Frisco on Friday morning just before they open.

I know - it's crazy that we have to go through 'Black Friday' type measures but I am fairly confident that they get regular shipments in and Friday AM is a good time to get there.

Might be time to lean the shotgun up in the corner until things calm down...

Chris1771

Silver Member
Bought some MFS 9mm FMJ 115gr from cabellas today...300 rounds. So it will get me through my class and then some. Thanks all.

Happy to visit the range with some FOL folks if you all want some company.

You can buy 50 rounds at Eagle for 20 something bucks. I was just there on Saturday shooting my 9mm and bought some. Was at Academy on Sunday and they were out but did say that when they get it they keep it at the front desk.

J.R.

Gold Member
Bought some MFS 9mm FMJ 115gr from cabellas today...300 rounds. So it will get me through my class and then some. Thanks all.

I was gonna offer to stop at Cabela's Ft. Worth on way home from fire station in the morning and check

rbrodner

Diamond Member
You can buy 50 rounds at Eagle for 20 something bucks. I was just there on Saturday shooting my 9mm and bought some. Was at Academy on Sunday and they were out but did say that when they get it they keep it at the front desk.
You'll know as soon as you walk in the door what's in stock. They keep it right on top of the service counter just to the right when you go through the door. They had .40 and .45 yesterday, but no 9mm.

OKTX

Triple Platinum

MFS is great ammo. Mind if I ask how much per box of 50? Did they have a bunch? Business takes me over that direction tomorrow morning so I just might detour to Cabelas.

Chris1771

Silver Member
MFS is great ammo. Mind if I ask how much per box of 50? Did they have a bunch? Business takes me over that direction tomorrow morning so I just might detour to Cabelas.

It wasnt cheap by any stretch...14 bucks a box. Stopped by a few hours after I bought some (thinking I should just buy more) and it was all gone. I'll likely stop by Cabelas, Academy, and Walmart on a daily basis if anyone wants to put in an order :)

Altho there prolly isnt enough ammo to even quench my range thirst

mikel

Platinum Member
Is it any cheaper to re-load your own ? Are the raw supplies in short supply as well ? I'm just curious.
Yes, it generally much cheaper to reload, since you can reuse the brass. P.S. Pick up and keep your brass when you shot, it's worth a lot!

Reloading supplies are almost as hard to get right now as the actual ammo. Primers in particular are all being use to make ammo to keep up with demand. I paid $50 for a 1000 competition primers at the gun show in Lewisville last weekend. Pistols are cheaper to reload than rifles because they use much less power. I paid $28/lb of powder also...

P.S. I don't own any guns... I lost them all in a boating accident... common problem here in Frisco it seams :)

kenny6

Gold Member
update:

a friend of mine sent me this link. It's pretty cool

basically pick your caliber and it tells you in pretty much real time who online has what. It might be helpful.

http://www.gunbot.net/index.php?cal=9mm
Sweet. Just picked up 1000 rds from Widener's at about 30 cents a rd with shipping. That's the cheapest I've seen any in stock lately.

Paid 60 cents a rd for a box of 50 last week at Elm Fork range....what a rip off....

Thanks for the link.

Geck

Platinum Member
Sweet. Just picked up 1000 rds from Widener's at about 30 cents a rd with shipping. That's the cheapest I've seen any in stock lately.

Paid 60 cents a rd for a box of 50 last week at Elm Fork range....what a rip off....

Thanks for the link.

no problem. always looking to help my fellow man/woman out. Lucky gunner had some decent prices for 9MM ammo this morning.