I don't usually watch the Miss America contest

I saw that a couple days ago and had the opposite reaction. I love the serenity prayer but I don’t think tattoos have a place in the Miss America pageant, especially huge tattoos like that. Not feminine at all. Sorry.

Maybe a teensy tiny butterfly or rose or something. Maybe.

My opinion only. I know many will disagree.

angelaN

Platinum Member
Impressive young lady, but I'll never understand why women get tattoos.
Talk about a double standard??

Tatoos are not for me but if a man can have a tatoo without people prejudging than so should a woman.

All the teachers at my DD's school have the breast cancer tatoo and so do all the women in my SIL family. It is solidatrity and a cause that I could wear ink for.

debw712

Diamond Member
yeah well there are two types of people in the world- those who have tattoos and those who dont have the stones to get them

:)

But yes, I do have 4. When I am being all corporate no one sees them and no one, unless I want them to, knows I have any. I got them for different reasons, they all mean something unique and I love them- all of them. I may get one more too - we shall see.

they are not the awful banishment they once were, in fact it is very mainstream and like it or not,here to stay by definition.

Unbunch the panties and embrace the art (meant toward the "I dunno why girls get inked" comment)

I dont understand why some men dont

lucas mccain

Triple Platinum
Talk about a double standard??

Tatoos are not for me but if a man can have a tatoo without people prejudging than so should a woman.

All the teachers at my DD's school have the breast cancer tatoo and so do all the women in my SIL family. It is solidatrity and a cause that I could wear ink for.
You are right... There is a double standard as far as I'm concerned.

It doesn't matter if guys have them because I really don't find men attractive to begin with. Guys usually get tattoos for that tough guy image (sailors, bikers).
Women on the other hand are beautiful as is. No tattoo can enhance that natural beauty they possess.

Solidarity for a cause is honorable, but there are other ways to do that without permanently mutilating the body. Especially a womans body.

But hey, I'm not "pre-judging" anyone. I'm just saying it doesn't seem like a very wise choice for a woman. Especially when it's something that's bigger than a quarter.

van

Diamond Member
This is one of those subjects that people usually feel strongly one way or another. I get that. I'm all for personal expression, to each their own. Hoping to get my second tattoo before Christmas. I've wanted another one for years

GRIZZLYMAN

Triple Platinum
I really don't understand why everyone is getting hung up on tattoos because if you look, she has a lot of things going for her. Only the second service member to win a state Miss America contest, bowhunter (down to earth IMO), smart, and attractive.

For the record, even though I served in the military, I don't have a tattoo. Nothing against them, I just wasn't into it.

I'm just glad that I was smart enough to put mine where they are covered without any extra effort.

A skull with a knife through the eye with the monicker "Death before Dishonor" glaring you in the face doesn't bode well in business meetings.

Women with tattoos don't do anything for me either.
Sorry ladies.....

debw712

Diamond Member
This is one of those subjects that people usually feel strongly one way or another. I get that. I'm all for personal expression, to each their own. Hoping to get my second tattoo before Christmas. I've wanted another one for years
What are you getting?

debw712

Diamond Member
Many people (Myself included) get tattoos for themselves, like I said no one really sees mine unless I choose, so it is never an accessory or a "look at me" flag, it is like getting a pedicure in the winter- it makes you feel good and looks pretty to yourself.

Some people will never get it-

lucas mccain

Triple Platinum
I really don't understand why everyone is getting hung up on tattoos because if you look, she has a lot of things going for her. Only the second service member to win a state Miss America contest, bowhunter (down to earth IMO), smart, and attractive.

For the record, even though I served in the military, I don't have a tattoo. Nothing against them, I just wasn't into it.
I said she was an impressive young lady.

I just don't believe tattoos on a lady enhances their physical beauty in any way.
In fact, it often times can be demeaning toward certain women.

I have 3 tattoos. They are all on my mid back and lower back.

My opinion on tattoos are get something that have a meaning. Don't get a butterfly when your 18 because you think butterflies are cute. Will you still love butterflies when you're 63?

All 3 of mine have meaning! 1 is the flower my mom carried down the aisle when she married my dad.

The second one represents the medical condition I have, the awareness ribbon for it to be exact.

And the 3rd one is the first thing I said when I held my niece for the first time with a heart.

TXJohn1117

Double Platinum
:eek:fftopic:
I don't have any tattoos, but it doesn't bother me one way or the other if I see anyone else with one. Tattoos have been a part of different cultures forever and have now become a part of our culture.

That said, If I were younger, I would go to medical school and become a dermatologist specializing in tattoo removal. When these young, beautiful people, male and female, get older, their tattoos won't be quite so nice. Their nice tight skin will be sagging and wrinkled and the tattoos will have bled into adjacent skin and the colors will have bled into each other.
Won't be a pretty sight.

Now, back to the OP. She's a beautiful, multi-talented young woman who is way beyond the typical beauty queen. I'm rooting for her.

sundae

Gold Member
yeah well there are two types of people in the world- those who have tattoos and those who dont have the stones to get them

:)

But yes, I do have 4. When I am being all corporate no one sees them and no one, unless I want them to, knows I have any. I got them for different reasons, they all mean something unique and I love them- all of them. I may get one more too - we shall see.

they are not the awful banishment they once were, in fact it is very mainstream and like it or not,here to stay by definition.

Unbunch the panties and embrace the art (meant toward the "I dunno why girls get inked" comment)

I dont understand why some men dont
Tattoos are so mainstream today that I really don't have any reaction at all when I see them. I actually have one that I got about twenty years ago. I can show it or not show it, depending on my mood and/or the company I am with.

debw712

Diamond Member
Tattoos are so mainstream today that I really don't have any reaction at all when I see them. I actually have one that I got about twenty years ago. I can show it or not show it, depending on my mood and/or the company I am with.
yeah me too. I work in an environment where we do meet some very conservative clients, so they are no shows then but once in a while I do let the freak flag fly lol

I like them. I like men with them too more than without but IDC if a guy has them or not really

Not everyone can withstand the pain ;)

kenny6

Gold Member
I've always been on the fence with the tattoo thing. I've always been into hard rock, motorcycles etc but I never got one mostly cause its permanent and doesn't come off (well not easily anyway) and I figured I wouldn't like it after a while. When I was 21 I went with my buddy, he got a tribal arm band and I was gonna get one too. OMG imagine that... they are so dooshy now but that was what everyone was doing in the mid 90s. So glad I had the brains to not do that.

Plus, now its just another fad thing to do now. Everybody has them so it kills the whole thing if you ask me. I don't like to do what everyone else is doing just because everyone else is doing it. I guess I'm the rebel now for not having one....so there. haha

Sorry but nowadays you are not some rebel, freak or free spirit for getting a few tattoos. You are just like everyone else.