I dont get auto dealers

kenny6

Gold Member
Bought the wife an '11 Expedition in August '11. Pretty happy with it so far except for the tires. Pirelli Scorpions they put on it are crap. Only 18k miles and they look like hell already after a yr and a half. Was just checking em out today and they are cracked up pretty good right around the rims on each one and not much tread left. I know they usually put cheaper tires from the factory but its a shame to have that kind of crap on a 40k vehicle.

I bought a new Acura a yr ago and have about the same miles and the Michelin Pilots still look new. I don't know why most wuss out on the tires....

0% interest

regarding the 0% interest, besides the ttl etc are there any fees for doing this? So no interest at all if paid full in 5 years?I have never bought a bought a brand new car but at that rate its worth it and no interest. Are the dealers still willing to work on a lower price with this promotion? We have excellent credit just curious if there is a catch

regarding the 0% interest, besides the ttl etc are there any fees for doing this? So no interest at all if paid full in 5 years?I have never bought a bought a brand new car but at that rate its worth it and no interest. Are the dealers still willing to work on a lower price with this promotion? We have excellent credit just curious if there is a catch
When i got my last vehicle I had the choice between 0% and a rebate of some amount. I found that I could get a pretty low % loan from InTouch so I took the reabate and financed through InTouch. The rebate amount is more thanthe interest I will pay.

planomateo

Platinum Member
You expect a 6000lb truck to be fast?
I got a Tundra that would surprise ya.

That being said, you buy a 6.2L Truck that's got a S/C on it and you drop $50k+, I'd expect it to be somewhat quick. The Raptor just doesn't deliver for the money in my opinion, but then again, I'm not a big Ford fan, never have been.

Last edited:

planomateo

Platinum Member
Unless it runs 13's or better, it wouldnt.
I've seen supposed "500hp" Tundras with the TRD (really bad name) Supercharger that couldn't get out of its own way and only ran low 14's at 99 &100mph.
Most S/C Tundra's will run low 13's/high 12's, I know of at least one S/C'ed Tundra that's in the high 11's...

Pretty impressive for 5500 lbs.

Golfer Girl

Triple Platinum
No, one place is just willing to risk more on your bad credit than the other.
Not always. Everyone know the dealers make a killing on the financing. They tell you your credit is crappy and tell you that you would only qualify for a higher rate because they make more money that way. Or they have given such a good deal on the car that they can't offer you a lower rate. Usually its one or the other.

I know a few people who they played this game with. One girl I worked with they tried it on her. Problem was she had pulled her credit score from all 3 bureaus before she started shopping. One dealer told her that her score was almost 300 points lower than it actually was. Goes to the next dealer and they tell her that her score is more than fine to qualify for the lowest rate.

boiler01

Silver Member
Trucks are like sport teams...everyone has their favorite no matter what someone else says.

You could argue the truck thing till we all have flying cars and some people just aren't going to change their mind. I've driven and hauled just about everything you can think of in Fords, Chevys, Dodges and Toyotas. I have my preference based on my experiences.

My thing is after having had a brother-in-law who was a dealer I would NEVER go with financing from a dealership and go over contracts with a fine tooth comb before I ever walk away.

People have mentioned it before - if you aren't married to one particular truck, color, etc. you can find great deals out there. But if you have your heart set on one particular truck be prepared to fork over some serious cash.

I've priced out my 'dream' truck and horse/stock trailer - lets just say I think college will have been cheaper.

A likely possibility is that Dodge pulled a credit report that included data from on credit reporting agency and Toyota pulled a credit report that used another.

Your "credit report" is not the same at all three major credit reporting agencies. Companies can report to one, two or all three of them....so if something "bad" is on your Experian report it might not be on your Equifax report and your score could be drastically different between them.

boiler01

Silver Member
A decent truck goes for around 30k. A "Frisco" truck stickers for 50K or so.
It also depends on what you will need it for. I will need a truck to haul livestock, not a toy/boat/small trailer. So I'm looking at close to $65,000.

So, yeah, if you're looking for a nice little 1/2 ton you can find them between $30 and $40k w/o a problem; on occasion less. Me, between shows and camping will basically live in my truck on weekends and vacation and want a nice Super Duty. And it will depend on which trailer I go with and whether I'm hauling three or four horses, tack, feed and supplies for the humans.

My truck is an investment, not in getting money back, but in having something that will last the long haul and actually handle the load.

Now don't get me started on finding the right stock vs. horse trailer.

Tooleman

Diamond Member
Dodge pulled Trans Union, that is actually my highest scoring FICO score.. Toyota pulled EQ and that is actually my lowest scoring FICO score..

I read into this a little bit, the captive lender used by Dodge and Chevy has their own scoring model they use.. So you could be scoring in the 700s with FICO, but the model their lender uses could have you way lower.. So it makes sense, their scoring model probably didn't like that we just bought a house..

I went down to look at the Tundra on Saturday and I liked it, but didn't bring it home.. Also looked at the F150 online and they beat the heck out of Toyota when it comes to the price.. Im going to have to take the F150 for a test drive before I make up my mind..

Dodge pulled Trans Union, that is actually my highest scoring FICO score.. Toyota pulled EQ and that is actually my lowest scoring FICO score..

I read into this a little bit, the captive lender used by Dodge and Chevy has their own scoring model they use.. So you could be scoring in the 700s with FICO, but the model their lender uses could have you way lower.. So it makes sense, their scoring model probably didn't like that we just bought a house..

I went down to look at the Tundra on Saturday and I liked it, but didn't bring it home.. Also looked at the F150 online and they beat the heck out of Toyota when it comes to the price.. Im going to have to take the F150 for a test drive before I make up my mind..
Don't care for the F-150 square-as-a-block look. You really have to drop a lot of $$$ on an F-150 before it starts to look half-decent.

Now that's a sexy rear end \/

rawhide

Diamond Member
Just asking all of the drivers out there: Why do you need a truck to begin with?

Do you own a couple of acres and need to haul stuff? Are you a farmer, vet, horse owner, boat owner?

If you are just kickin' it in suburbia world, why do you need a truck?

rawhide

Diamond Member
And just a post with some "free" financial advice for Tooleman:

You might want to consider putting down a sizable cash payment and have a decent trade-in allowance.

Might make that financing transaction go a whole lot smoother.