How much does it cost to start a dog daycare business?

The daycare would be on the smaller side. What is the least amount of money I could put into it? I'm not being cheap I'm just not the wealthiest person around. Please help!!

van

Diamond Member
Rather a random question. It's hard to come up with a $ amount without more info. Location? Employees? Etc etc. I assume you have a rough outline?

Rather a random question. It's hard to come up with a $ amount without more info. Location? Employees? Etc etc. I assume you have a rough outline?
No, van, you're wrong, it's not a random question. I googled it. The cost is exactly $16,385.22

There are many things that depend on the start up costs.
Renting a space or buying a space?
Insurance
Building out the space to suit your need (probably the most expensive part of a start up)
City permits
Equipment
Employees
Website design
Advertisement
Realtor fees
Payroll program
Etc

You need to write a business plan first so you can get a loan from the bank. Get a business plan program from an office store and get started. If you don't take shortcuts then you will more likely be able to be successful. Good luck.

You need to write a business plan first so you can get a loan from the bank. Get a business plan program from an office store and get started. If you don't take shortcuts then you will more likely be able to be successful. Good luck.
I wish it was that easy. I would suggest that it would be unlikely to get a bank loan for a start-up unless you had 1) cash to put up, 2) collateral/equity for a personal guarantee and 3) successful experience in that line of business. And even then, it's not as simple as writing up a business plan from an office store.

(If you don't have 1,2 and 3 above) then....for a start-up, you pretty much will have to find investors and give up a percentage of business (and that's about as difficult as a bank loan for a start up) or have family members that are willing to put up the cash.