How Do You Feel About the Growth in the Area?

Opus

Silver Member
Good points except for the salary. That is the norm for the Dallas area. If they want to get teachers they will have to pay.

We moved out of Frisco several years ago. Every time I'm back in Frisco, I'm so happy we did. I loved Frisco, but it was getting way too congested back then and now some of those roads are impassable. I can't even imagine what it will be like in 5-10 years.

Last edited:
We moved out of Frisco several years ago. Every time I'm back in Frisco, I'm so happy we did. I loved Frisco, but it was getting way to congested back then and now some of those roads are impassable. I can't even imagine what it will be like in 5-10 years.
When I travel outside of Frisco I am so happy to be back in it.

Prime example you go down El Dorado, Main St, etc and as soon as you cross into McKinney the street go from 6 lanes to 4 lanes, it all crowded.

Same thing as taking El Dorado to Little Elm, as soon as you cross 423? Eldorado goes back to 4 lanes and traffic nightmares.

Any time I arrive back in Frisco I am happy to be back in a well planned and developed city.

Go take you a drive and spend a few hours in ghetto cities like Irving or Garland, you want to talk about cities in decay. Or go to Dallas it becomes more and more of a Chithole as the years pass.

I am a big fan of Frisco, the city is well kept and clean and safe.

Opus

Silver Member
El Dorado is 6 lanes thru Little Elm except for the small stretch from Walker Road to Little Elm Pkwy. That is the fault of the Great State of Texas since they felt the 4 lanes was adequate (ie to cheap to pay for it) when they made El Dorado 6 lanes.

El Dorado is 6 lanes thru Little Elm except for the small stretch from Walker Road to Little Elm Pkwy. That is the fault of the Great State of Texas since they felt the 4 lanes was adequate (ie to cheap to pay for it) when they made El Dorado 6 lanes.
Must be new construction, Little Elm traffic has been horrible for almost 20 years

MacFrisco

Diamond Member
I have been in this area since 1970. LBJ was a big highway in the middle of nowhere. Richardson was the big suburb in those days. No one could tell you where Plano or Frisco were. The intersection at Hwy 289 (Preston Rd) and Hwy 121 (Sam Rayburn Tollway) was made up of two little two lane roads at a 4 way stop. Now the DFW Metroplex is about 20 years away from Oklahoma. Its way too crowded today.

This has been a great area to live in, a great place to raise kids, it stood the 1975 gas crunch, 1981 recession, the 1987 stock crash, the 2001 Dotcom and the 2008 Great Recession with only minor hiccups locally. I'm sure it will stand up to any future challenges. I have lived in Dallas, Farmers Branch, Richardson, Garland, Plano, Allen and Frisco. I'm not moving any further north although I did think about moving near Lake Ray Roberts. To me taxes have always been high here, but now housing prices are so high that I'm selling out of the rental business. It's time to relax.

I'm ready for that small town feel again. I want to stay in Texas so we are looking at east of Austin or just north of San Antonio to get closer to family yet have access to the big city stuff.

I'm done with the rat race, but it sure was fun.

Obviously it's a good thing for Texas, Dallas and Collin County that all the development is happening. I get that.

How do you feel about it personally? How will it impact your lives? I am thinking it might be awful crowded, wondering if heading south into the established areas of North Dallas, Richardson, Carrollton might be a good option. Our house values here have soared but so have those down that way too.

What will Frisco look like in 5 or 10 years? Schools impacted? Quality of life?
I punched out last year, but this you already know. Just got too crazy there for me. Now I have my quiet roads, quiet acres. I have never looked back. FWIW Frisco was a nice quiet town when I moved there in 1997. Those days are long long gone.

I loved Frisco when we first moved here 10 years ago! I grew up in Dallas, started a family in Carrollton and knew where Frisco was when we left Texas in 2001. We moved back to Frisco and I loved the uncrowded feel after living north of Houston for many years. Now I dread having to get out even during the weekdays to run errands etc. I take my life in my hands almost every time I try to leave my neighborhood to cross Eldorado. Hubby flat refuses and winds his way through the neighborhood so he can get out on a calmer street. I hate that every square inch of this town is up for grabs and the more people they can squeeze in, the better. They still ration our water, but try and pack us in as fast as the builders can throw up the houses and apartments. I feel like Frisco has "shiny new penny" syndrome and has to bring in as many new things as they can to make us a "destination". Seriously? We are counting the days until retirement and honestly I'm not sure we could afford to retire here the way this town spends money. Looking forward to being able to breathe again!

Opus

Silver Member
I loved Frisco when we first moved here 10 years ago! I grew up in Dallas, started a family in Carrollton and knew where Frisco was when we left Texas in 2001. We moved back to Frisco and I loved the uncrowded feel after living north of Houston for many years. Now I dread having to get out even during the weekdays to run errands etc. I take my life in my hands almost every time I try to leave my neighborhood to cross Eldorado. Hubby flat refuses and winds his way through the neighborhood so he can get out on a calmer street. I hate that every square inch of this town is up for grabs and the more people they can squeeze in, the better. They still ration our water, but try and pack us in as fast as the builders can throw up the houses and apartments. I feel like Frisco has "shiny new penny" syndrome and has to bring in as many new things as they can to make us a "destination". Seriously? We are counting the days until retirement and honestly I'm not sure we could afford to retire here the way this town spends money. Looking forward to being able to breathe again!
I agree. Took the day off and headed over to Costco this afternoon around 2. I couldn't tell the difference from morning rush hour traffic. Costco was packed, almost like a Saturday afternoon. I'm not retiring here or even in the state of Texas. The property taxes would kill us. As it is now, our property taxes and insurance is only a couple hundred less than our mortgage payment.