How Do You Feel About the Growth in the Area?

So here is a little breakdown on my savings since moving to NM......

Property taxes - N. Dallas - $14,500 NM - $3,200
Car Insurance - N. Dallas - $5,000/yr NM - $3,150
House Insur - N. Dallas - $2,600 NM - $1,400

Did I mention NO TOLL ROADS??

For all the propaganda about LOW TAXES in Texas, I would say it's Buffalo Carp.

My local Kroger sells alcohol and there is a craft beer BAR in the store. $3.50/pint!!!

No Crime - Really. Our police blotter is filled with speeding 1 - 5MPH over. Workers leave their tool out overnight at the job sites.

FYI - the School system here is OUTSTANDING. The STEM program is unmatched. Of course, the entire town is filled with nuclear, materials and chemical scientists.

Leaving N. Texas has been a GREAT decision. Although, I do miss the HS football.
That sound pretty good. I do like the much lower property taxes and car insurance. I have really never met anyone who found work out there, only people who move their to retire.

I plan on living in Philippines, Probably Davao City area.

Property Tax is $100 per year
Car Insurance is part of registration fee for the year, runs about $100
No need for home insurance since most stuff is built from concrete blocks.

They sell beer 24/7 per day at almost any street corner, No minimum age for drinking only if you have money is the requirement. No such thing as DWI, You kill someone while driving then you just pay for their funeral.

Crime? Duterte was the mayor of Davao for 20 plus years before becoming President, they still have the Davao Death Squad which eliminate criminals in the area.

Schools - Kids go from 8 to 5 pm, and there are colleges everywhere and like any poor country many in the country hold a bachelor degree.

I can rent a house for $250 per month, and go see a doctor for $5.

I can hire a live in helper for $80 per month who will cook, clean, shop etc.

I am just letting my house value continue to rise and cash out in a few years and live abroad........

Mommyp

Platinum Member
That sound pretty good. I do like the much lower property taxes and car insurance. I have really never met anyone who found work out there, only people who move their to retire.

I plan on living in Philippines, Probably Davao City area.

Property Tax is $100 per year
Car Insurance is part of registration fee for the year, runs about $100
No need for home insurance since most stuff is built from concrete blocks.

They sell beer 24/7 per day at almost any street corner, No minimum age for drinking only if you have money is the requirement. No such thing as DWI, You kill someone while driving then you just pay for their funeral.

Crime? Duterte was the mayor of Davao for 20 plus years before becoming President, they still have the Davao Death Squad which eliminate criminals in the area.

Schools - Kids go from 8 to 5 pm, and there are colleges everywhere and like any poor country many in the country hold a bachelor degree.

I can rent a house for $250 per month, and go see a doctor for $5.

I can hire a live in helper for $80 per month who will cook, clean, shop etc.

I am just letting my house value continue to rise and cash out in a few years and live abroad........
To work out here you need a clearance and I'm pretty sure your not gonna be ale to get a clearance.

hockeymom

Diamond Member
We moved to McKinney a couple of years ago after living in Frisco since '96. Got a lot more house & a pool on an acre lot for quite a bit less than we could have bought in Frisco. That being said, I miss Frisco! I miss the convenience of everything. I'm there a lot as the retail growth in McKinney is next to nothing....but I do hate how congested Frisco has gotten. We say we're going to move back to Frisco in a year or two, but now I'm not so sure!

To work out here you need a clearance and I'm pretty sure your not gonna be ale to get a clearance.
Work?

I am in my last years of working, If I was going to change location New Mexico wouldn't be on the list, Florida, Hawaii would be on the list.

I am working and planning on retirement and moving in about 5 years to Philippines or maybe Panama. I need to check out Central America I like the fact the flight to US is quick.

Rooster

Silver Member
So here is a little breakdown on my savings since moving to NM......

Property taxes - N. Dallas - $14,500 NM - $3,200
Car Insurance - N. Dallas - $5,000/yr NM - $3,150
House Insur - N. Dallas - $2,600 NM - $1,400

Did I mention NO TOLL ROADS??

For all the propaganda about LOW TAXES in Texas, I would say it's Buffalo Carp.

My local Kroger sells alcohol and there is a craft beer BAR in the store. $3.50/pint!!!

No Crime - Really. Our police blotter is filled with speeding 1 - 5MPH over. Workers leave their tool out overnight at the job sites.

FYI - the School system here is OUTSTANDING. The STEM program is unmatched. Of course, the entire town is filled with nuclear, materials and chemical scientists.

Leaving N. Texas has been a GREAT decision. Although, I do miss the HS football.

I guess it would be ok once you get past the part where...well...you know...you have to live in New Mexico.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FCS Wes

Silver Member
Work?

I am in my last years of working, If I was going to change location New Mexico wouldn't be on the list, Florida, Hawaii would be on the list.

I am working and planning on retirement and moving in about 5 years to Philippines or maybe Panama. I need to check out Central America I like the fact the flight to US is quick.
LOL, someone who admittedly hates Hispanics moving to Panama or Central America OMG LMFAO

LOL, someone who admittedly hates Hispanics moving to Panama or Central America OMG :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:
My wife is Hispanic, why would you say such an weird comment. I have only dated or married Hisapnic females the last 15 years.

Can you define what Hispanic is to you? That is an very broad term to apply to one nationality or race.

I see that Frisco ISD is now rethinking the small classroom agenda.
Shocking isn't it.

Frisco should let kids go to school until 6th grade.

After that get rid off all the teachers and all the building and maintenance cost and do it all on line.

We are at the point in technology that going to a physical school is no longer needed, and we could have one teacher oversee hundred of kids.

Think of all the money we could save on property tax and not have to build all these schools.

Opus

Silver Member
Shocking isn't it.

Frisco should let kids go to school until 6th grade.

After that get rid off all the teachers and all the building and maintenance cost and do it all on line.

We are at the point in technology that going to a physical school is no longer needed, and we could have one teacher oversee hundred of kids.

Think of all the money we could save on property tax and not have to build all these schools.

But what about FOOTBALL???????????

I do like the idea but wonder about the social impact it would have on kids.

dmp9898

Silver Member
I punched out as well, my main concern was the damn property taxes.. Can't take this anymore..

We are buying a new home in WA, going to pay half the taxes..
I truly hope you are not in King county. The traffic up there is gridlock and the rush hour is 23 of 24 hours. Enjoy it though, I left in 07. It was too liberal for me back then.

But what about FOOTBALL???????????

I do like the idea but wonder about the social impact it would have on kids.
That why you would have longer sumer break and winter break. But that would be on issue to work on.

If you have child whom is not very smart and he/she can't keep up then give extra teaching and if it gets to a point of you child is a dummy then the parents must hire a tutor to teach ole dummy.

I remember when I went to High School all it was for me was playing sports and meeting and dating chicks, that about all anyone does in their High School years. Might as well put it online

Opus

Silver Member
I know plenty of kids that sports and dating is not what they do in school. As for online, that is actually available now and is paid for by the state. My son tried it for a semester but hated it.

Also, too many social programs involved with school such as the free lunch program for it to go away.

Rooster

Silver Member
I see that Frisco ISD is now rethinking the small classroom agenda.
The bill has come due.

Putting fewer people in more facilities is a more expensive education model.

It was great until everyone's property taxes went up 40% in four years. Now household budgets are strained.

At the moment, the taxpayers spoke in the last election that the money well is tapped out, and we have to make a decision if we want to spend our money on facilities or operations.

And before the dogpile starts, I don't care either way. Please don't shoot the messenger.

Opus

Silver Member
So why can't they keep the classrooms small but build larger facilities? Still not as cheap as more facilities but would save a lot of money vs building more facilities.

Opus

Silver Member
Because we've run out of money.

I understand that. I was just wondering why they didn't do that in the first place instead of building new schools. Adding an extra wing to an existing school appears to me to be a lot cheaper plus you don't have to hire a whole new front office staff to run it.

Chris1771

Silver Member
I understand that. I was just wondering why they didn't do that in the first place instead of building new schools. Adding an extra wing to an existing school appears to me to be a lot cheaper plus you don't have to hire a whole new front office staff to run it.
Good point. I never really understood the strong emphasis on smaller schools. They're $$$$. You can have a larger school and keep the classroom #'s down - class size is much more important to me.

But then again if we didnt have 9 high schools we wouldn't have as many kids able to play at the Star while their parents eyes twinkle with thoughts of their kid making it to the NFL.

Frisco School Board is drunk with money. They are not going to add onto an existing school, they need to spend all the money they can each year so they can collect more and more property taxes.

The High School they build are like small colleges, I have never seen a bus older than a couple of years in Frisco. Teachers salaries start at $50K for zero experience. I noticed all the high schools have 18 Wheeler trailers just to carry stuff for the band.

Frisco spends and spends on schools. they have an almost unlimited amount of money. I would guess the average house in Frisco pays $5k to $6k each year in just school tax.