Hi, It’s Amazon Calling. Here’s What We Don’t Like in Your City.’

Wow. Seattle wants to tax companies for hiring employees. Super dumb in today's world when companies are already trying to get by with hiring as few employees as possible.

Amazon fires back at Seattle's proposed head tax, pauses construction projects
Libs just DONT understand basic economics and think that big corps are evil and have deep pockets. When you take a confiscatory approach to taxing business they will move or employees will be negatively impacted. They didnt learn from the min wage fiasco in Seattle and are doubling down on stupidity. Keep rolling libs - you are forcing businesses into Texas and my prop value continues to rise as a result . Lib stupidity is our gain..

eyeamdaman1

Platinum Member
Libs just DONT understand basic economics and think that big corps are evil and have deep pockets. When you take a confiscatory approach to taxing business they will move or employees will be negatively impacted. They didnt learn from the min wage fiasco in Seattle and are doubling down on stupidity. Keep rolling libs - you are forcing businesses into Texas and my prop value continues to rise as a result . Lib stupidity is our gain..
Then stop whining while you are winning! Can't ever tell when you are happy. What a mindset.

MacFrisco

Diamond Member
My cousin, who is a native born Texan, moved to Los Angeles in the 1978 for a job. He got an average home for about $300,000 and its now worth well over $1 Million dollars.

He could not come back to Texas because he would have to take about a 30% cut in income, because Texas income is just below the national average. The lower taxes did not make up the difference. Now, he is California rich and retiring in Texas seems like a good plan, but he still likes Los Angeles. I see him nearly every Thanksgiving and he says he is going to retire in Texas in 5 years, but he has been saying that for about 10 years now...LOL.

Home is where the heart is, and competitive space just costs more. Look at the Collin and Denton county's growth in home values since 2008, soon the DFW Metroplex will be in Oklahoma. Competition is driving up prices.

Each state has their own challenges, or lack of challenges, and to narrow down a state by tax levels may be important in retirement, otherwise its a shallow way of looking at things. IMO

Tooleman

Diamond Member
What is funny is that taxes here in WA, are much lower then TX.. I could see Amazon moving to the east side..

That would be like a company in Dallas going to Frisco..