Hearing the ice is here

It's slushy now from the residual heat in the road beds and solar radiation. Bridges are frozen with loose ice but most have been treated with sand/gravel. I would be concerned about the long bridge over lake lewisville. As the color of the roads changes from white to dark, they should absorb more solar energy. Good tires = good traction.

Keep the shiny side up kids.

planomateo

Platinum Member
Its never the ice that concerns me, it's the months of driving the streets and getting sand blasted by the cars in front of you. Wish they cleaned the roads better to get rid of the sand once the ice is done.

mikel

Platinum Member
Its never the ice that concerns me, it's the months of driving the streets and getting sand blasted by the cars in front of you. Wish they cleaned the roads better to get rid of the sand once the ice is done.
I don't mind the sand as much as the larger rocks that seem to be intermixed within it.

No word on Frisco yet, but I live on a street feeding two different schools and it's horrible...and with it refreezing, it will be a death trap.

No word on Frisco yet, but I live on a street feeding two different schools and it's horrible...and with it refreezing, it will be a death trap.
I bet they wait longer tonight and maybe wait until morning. The sleet pellets at our place hace melted and now it is actually slicker than before. Depends on how much melting and evaporation they got but with days to spare would not be surprised if they cancel.

planomateo

Platinum Member
Last edited:

LisaY

Bronze Member
drive in this morning from LE was icy in my neighborhood and El Dorado was ok. Icy in some spots. Tollway is really clear. There was only a few cars on the road so that made it even nicer. Office opens at 9am and I got here at 7:25! LOL! Maybe I will get to go home early?

Side streets = mess