Google+

Anyone on it? It's the very new social network.

I have plenty of invites if you are interested.

In as much as android is replacing IOS, this will replace facebook, with better features and more privacy.

Invite only at this point. IF you are interested, create a gmail account and PM me your gmail address and I will send you an invite.

In as much as android is replacing IOS, this will replace facebook, with better features and more privacy.

Invite only at this point. IF you are interested, create a gmail account and PM me your gmail address and I will send you an invite.

I started Using it yesterday, I don't get it. I'm sure it will be awesome eventually. It will surely dominate the market, which would be a good thing. I feel that facebook has been very destructive to the web...

I'm sure this will become the same thing as Android has...a viable alternative that is never quite as good as the original...but has an annoying Google fan-base that will constantly whine about how/why it's better (even though no one from the "other" side cares or wants to argue). If you like it better, use it.

Real Estate Guy

Admin
Staff member
In the very least, hopefully the viable competition will get Facebook to innovate. Facebook and twitter are both chunky once you have many friends or followings. The circles concepts look interesting to share information and send different content to different people. Hopefully Facebook and twitter will release similar features

aggieteach

Double Platinum

THANK YOU!

TXJohn1117

Double Platinum
I don't understand why, but you are right. However, the iPhone is one device. The android OS is on many devices which makes it close to if not equal or more than IPhone.
Or maybe not...

FTA:
To be fair, as before, the sheer number of different Android devices out there means they’re undoubtedly still outselling the iPhone when combined together. But the market share numbers suggest that even this discrepancy has collapsed. That’s pretty amazing.
and

And guess what happens when the iPhone 5 does launch in the fall on both Verizon and AT&T? It’s going to be massive. So massive that I wouldn’t be surprised if the one device does actually reverse the Android’s march forward. At the very least, it will do so in the short term.

raven70

Double Platinum
The market is funny. I doubt much of a dent will be made to Facebook, even if the Google service is better. Look at MP3 players. Makers spent years creating players with more features and services than an iPOD, but never managed to knock iPOD from the top. Better features and content and even usability may not make a difference. The market has shown this in the past.

Tooleman

Diamond Member
The iphone 5 and IOS 5 will be playing catch up with the Android..

Android market share is much higher then the iphone.. This is what happens when you only have 3 phones on the market..

Apple could regain their market share if they just were in the software business..

I'm sure this will become the same thing as Android has...a viable alternative that is never quite as good as the original...but has an annoying Google fan-base that will constantly whine about how/why it's better (even though no one from the "other" side cares or wants to argue). If you like it better, use it.
A few years ago everyone was saying the same thing about Facebook in competition with MySpace. Now look where Myspace is at.

The market is ever evolving and there is always going to be something that comes along that is the latest and greatest.

It will take a little time, but I'm pretty confident that google+ will be the new Facebook.

You won't find me on it. As little as I trust Facebook regarding security, privacy, etc, Google's well-known data mining tentacles are far more nefarious.
Google is much safer than Facebook will ever be. As far as data mining goes, it's really like comparing apples and oranges. Facebook wants your information so they can advertise to you, or sell their data to advertisers. Google on the other hand doesn't really do this, however, their data collection is for designing future services, among other things.

With Google, you can trust that your data is safe and secure, unlike Facebook. That being said, if you're careful about what you do and say on social networks, what do you even have to worry about?

There are features on Google+/Voice/Chat that allow you to do everything 'off the record' where nothing is even saved.