Game of Thrones

brianw76

Silver Member
Best series on TV right now. The best part is trying to figure out the motivations and who is really pulling the strings. I've heard so many different theories on who actually caused the latest wedding tragedy and all I tell them is, look closer. Things aren't spelled out, but if you pay attention you can figure it out.

began watching out of curiosity. loved it. the read all the books. spoiler alert - winter is still not really here yet..............

perseco

Double Platinum
I'm surprised Tyrion hasn't received the same love from fans that Daryl (The Walking Dead) has. I've been expecting someone to start spreading a "If Tyrion dies, we riot!" image around social media, and so far it hasn't happened yet.

As a book reader I am rarely surprised but I was surprised by the ending tonight. After reading more I'm excited about what this could mean... We might have gotten a big spoiler from Winds of Winter. It is so hard to wait for the next book. :/

brianw76

Silver Member
As a book reader I am rarely surprised but I was surprised by the ending tonight. After reading more I'm excited about what this could mean... We might have gotten a big spoiler from Winds of Winter. It is so hard to wait for the next book. :/
Yep, even the book readers had surprises from last night's episodes.
I think the end spoiler was partially unintentional as they originally named "The Night's King" which destroys a lot of the previous theory.

Not sure how I like the direction they are going in with Bran compared to the books, curious to see how it plays out.

I kind of enjoy the deviation from the books because it is nice to be surprised instead of knowing everything that will happen. I'm also curious about Bran's storyline. His chapters were one of my favorites in the books because I'm fascinated by the gods of the north but a lot of people complained that Bran chapters were boring. So maybe HBO is trying to make it more exciting. As long as the end is similar for Bran I am ok with it.

After last night I am really excited about Winds of Winter - waiting is going to be very very hard.

brianw76

Silver Member
Great episode tonight. Dinklage needs to win another emmy. And Oberyn was awesome as always. :D
I'm looking forward to Oberyn's big scene here shortly! His dialogue last night was brief, but always hit the mark.. hah

It was a good episode, Dinklage was awesome as always.
Reek!
Also, continuing to show how much of an uphill battle Stannis faces, although I think the show is making him look a lot worse than the books did.

I am not looking forward to Oberyn's big scene. :( If the show deviates from the book significantly on that I will not complain at all (though I know it won't happen). I was not really much of a fan of the dornish in the books but Oberyn gets the best lines, haha. I'm still snickering over his question to Shae.

brianw76

Silver Member
I am not looking forward to Oberyn's big scene. :( If the show deviates from the book significantly on that I will not complain at all (though I know it won't happen). I was not really much of a fan of the dornish in the books but Oberyn gets the best lines, haha. I'm still snickering over his question to Shae.
I just want to see him in action. He is a bad@$$ and it's unfortunate there aren't many opportunities for him to show off.

"So did you *&%^ him like it was his last night in the world?"

I am doing a re-read through the book series now, it's harder than I thought when you know the outcome of so many people, but I'm finding that I am picking up on a LOT that I missed the first go-around. The first time I read the series I was going through at such a rapid pace because I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. Now, I am reading and trying to pay more attention to detail, especially concerning R+L=J and other theories.

perseco

Double Platinum
Honestly, who didn't see it coming? I always knew Arya was a psychopath with that maniacal cackling...

Last edited:
Lol! Arya is my favorite character even though I found myself temporarily interested in Oberyn thanks to Pedro Pascal. That scene was awesome. Arya is a very dark character and has one of the best chapters in the book.

I didn't take much notice of Oberyn in the books but Pascal made him really cool.