Frisco Police Arrest Juvenile For Threat

It's a private issue for us," said Bethany's dad, Alan Stroud, declining to comment on the circumstances of her disappearance. "We just want our family to kind of circle together and help her."

mommyx2

Diamond Member
He threatened to shoot 6 or 7 students and then go home and kill himself in front of his Mom.
Interesting.. none of the emails I have gotten from the HS has specifically addressed the nature of the threat..

Do you have a link to the FISD or police report of what the threat was?

Last edited:
I just told you what the threat was...

I have a screen grab of the tweet.
And no I don't have any intention of posting it. Ya'll wanted to know what the threat was and I told you.

I'm not an expert, but I think the fear is normal. The way we deal with the fear will dictate their ability to understand and deal with that fear.

I lost my innocence and naivety on 9/11. I now know and understand that I am not always safe and there is risk in leaving the house. Heck there is risk in the house!

All you hear after every single one of these bombings, bomb threats, shootings, threats, etc. is that you have to get back out there and live your life. That is what creates the cripiling fear.

Again, I am not an expert, but I think it is important to be open to discussion of the fears, but not to halt every day routines.
The fear, as you put it, is 'normal' because many people come to expect it because society allows it. Looking at the big picture, you are safe.

I disagree that the reason for the fear is because you just have to pick up and move on. The fear comes from the fact that deep down you know that if one person is capable of it, others are as well. There are other Adam Lanza's out there, and not to say that the student being referred to in his thread is anything like him, the events that have occurred this week made him feel like he had an opportunity to get attention and a cry for help.

It's good that the police acted on the situation before it escalated, and hopefully the student's issues are properly addressed.

At least Bethany Stroud is still alive. Has there been anything on the Cash 4 Gold owner who got gunned down at his home almost two years ago now?
Good memory... what about a few armed robberies as well? A 7-11 on the Tollway, a jewelry store in the mall, etc.

The headliners often disappear.

This kid in this case needs to be punished as if he actually pulled off his stated intention. It's no joke, just fortunate that he was dumb enough to reveal his plans ahead of time. That happens sometimes and people just dismiss it as talk.

DK2445

Bronze Member
Dropped my daughter off at Centennial this morning. Things look pretty normal....as they should. A couple of extra police cars parked in back and 1 parked up front.
I'm glad to see that this is being handled appropriately by the school and local police but not being blown out of proportion.
However the AP did pick up the story and we made it in the San Francisco Chronicle.

bluesea718

Double Platinum
My daughter was pretty freaked out about this last night.

I say run enough electricity through this little turd to light up Dallas for a week.

GRIZZLYMAN

Triple Platinum
I have a daughter at Centenial. I just heard that they made a second arrest and that one student bolted from a class this morning but was tackled by police. I don't know if these are true or not. Apparently the two that were arrested weren't the Goth types, but a couple of the popular kids. Again, that is what I'm hearing third hand.

The sky is falling.
You doubt it?

Why do you doubt it, I just told you.

Screen grab...ya, ok.

omigosh, why do you have to bully this kid? he contributed something a little more concrete than what you all knew, it seems reasonable, and we'll all find out once the police release more details on the story.

why not go pick on someone else, like the chief of police, and demand that he show you all the evidence he has until you're satisfied? i may be grumpy right now, but the way you guys sometimes nitpick on each other drives me crazy.

I have a daughter at Centenial. I just heard that they made a second arrest and that one student bolted from a class this morning but was tackled by police. I don't know if these are true or not. Apparently the two that were arrested weren't the Goth types, but a couple of the popular kids. Again, that is what I'm hearing third hand.
Yes, 2nd kid arrested, according to my son. We know the kid too.

That kid(s) should be expelled and never allowed back in CHS ever again. If he/they were serious, it's too dangerous to the other students. And if not, well it's time people learn that there are severe consequences for making serious threats like this.

bluesea718

Double Platinum
That kid(s) should be expelled and never allowed back in CHS ever again. If he/they were serious, it's too dangerous to the other students. And if not, well it's time people learn that there are severe consequences for making serious threats like this.
Agreed.

To me, this is a line in the sand that was crossed, and his parents are now financially responsible for any additional education (PRIVATE) that their kids receive. That is, if they can find a school to take them.