Frisco Police Arrest Juvenile For Threat

Mr. Spain sent an email to all parents. It was full of good information. Just not sure I want mine to go to school Friday. Just a personal decision we have to make.......Awful

aggieteach

Double Platinum
Mr. Spain sent an email to all parents. It was full of good information. Just not sure I want mine to go to school Friday. Just a personal decision we have to make.......Awful
I would be worried if they didn't do something about it. But I am sure that if the police are involved (ya I trust my police force) then they are taking care of the actual threat.

I get the fear though, it would be in the back of my mind.

mommyof2

There was an arrest of a young male this morning in Plantation Resort. I wonder if it's connected to the Centennial threat. It was about 6:30 this morning around Jereme.

I'm not sure if I want my child attending school on Friday either...she's voiced her concern about attending school herself.
A child/teenager shouldn't fear for her safety by merely attending school...sad times we're living in.

aggieteach

Double Platinum
That doesn't exactly make me feel safe...just being honest. I'd still like to know what is going on.
How does knowing what is going on make you feel safe? If you are worried about feeling safe then I'd understand (not agree with but understand) a statement like "I want to know what the police are doing about it." Otherwise, it just sounds nosy.

aggieteach

Double Platinum
There was an arrest of a young male this morning in Plantation Resort. I wonder if it's connected to the Centennial threat. It was about 6:30 this morning around Jereme.

I'm not sure if I want my child attending school on Friday either...she's voiced her concern about attending school herself.
A child/teenager shouldn't fear for her safety by merely attending school...sad times we're living in.
I'm not an expert, but I think the fear is normal. The way we deal with the fear will dictate their ability to understand and deal with that fear.

I lost my innocence and naivety on 9/11. I now know and understand that I am not always safe and there is risk in leaving the house. Heck there is risk in the house!

All you hear after every single one of these bombings, bomb threats, shootings, threats, etc. is that you have to get back out there and live your life. That is what creates the cripiling fear.

Again, I am not an expert, but I think it is important to be open to discussion of the fears, but not to halt every day routines.

Bethany Stroud Case the Frisco police will cover up.

I think they even issued the Amber alert and gave vague details of the suspect

Only later to learn it was a family matter to be taken care of with the father...

Strange........

DK2445

Bronze Member
My daughter is a sophomore at Centennial. I appreciate the info we are getting from the school. I am not concerned about sending her to school Thursday and Friday. She is not worried either.

(December 19, 2012) Frisco Police Officers arrested a juvenile at Centennial High School for making a threat that was substantiated through investigation. The investigation revealed that he made a specific threat that potentially jeopardized the safety of the school environment. The threat was made via twitter.

It’s unknown whether the student had the means to carry out the threat; however, the alarm he caused school officials, as well as the public was sufficient to meet the elements of the offense.

The Frisco Police Department takes all threats seriously and investigates those threats thoroughly to ensure the safety of all involved.

We have no additional information to release