Frisco Online / Lifestyle Frisco Merger

S

stryker

Please delete my account as well. I truly don't want to be affliatefd with a company that scares so easily from free speech. By the way I am and have been lifetime friends of the house y'alls company resides in and if the Bucks new what you were doing I'm sure they would be ashamed

Len_A

Bronze Member
Please delete my account as well. I truly don't want to be affliatefd with a company that scares so easily from free speech. By the way I am and have been lifetime friends of the house y'alls company resides in and if the Bucks new what you were doing I'm sure they would be ashamed
I hear ya. Shame on them for this decision. Utter nonsense.

Len_A

Bronze Member
Good grief you lot have an incredibly overblown perception of your own importance.
It's not any sense or perception of self importance. It's the disregard of our consistent use of the site. FOL never threatened to delete a forum, because they couldn't monetize it. Basically, that's part of what's going on here. There was one racist jackass, that kept creating new account, try to spread his racist beliefs, get booted off, and yet come back within a few weeks. My best guess is, he'll be back and start using this forum. Rather than moderate, I fully expect this forum will be deleted as well.

You can say what ever you want - the National & Local Politics forum had daily posts. Daily. You can't say that about the rest of the forums, which are, frankly, a ghost town.

vsellis

Scott Ellis
Staff member
@stryker Free speech has nothing to do with it. the entire forum was off topic. Lifestyle Frisco is about FRISCO, not national politics. That is the bottom line to why it was removed.

And I don't know who the Bucks are. You may be confusing us with someone else.

Account will be deleted per your request.

vsellis

Scott Ellis
Staff member
Well, I see that politics forum is gone. Congrats, Ellis, you freaking win. Good job stifling political speech. I speak for a lot of forum members who heavily posted on the politics forum. I know you have your reason, and I could care less about them.
You're welcome to discuss local politics. We're not stifling anything, nor are we obligated to provide or maintain a forum that has nothing to do with what we are about. There are a lot of places for you all to discuss national politics. This just isn't the right place for that.

Len_A

Bronze Member
You're welcome to discuss local politics. We're not stifling anything, nor are we obligated to provide or maintain a forum that has nothing to do with what we are about. There are a lot of places for you all to discuss national politics. This just isn't the right place for that.
Yes, you are, as far as I'm concerned. This didn't become an issue until Melungeon, Yukon Jack, Francisco Frisco, Space Bar, PolyPsy, Gary Sledge, Jenny Pie, et al started their white nationalist nonsense. Then all of a sudden it's a problem child.

This isn't the place for debating national political? Seriously? Including Frisco On-Line's forums, I've been on since 2004. You're not obligated? No, but you had zero business buying FOL. Christ-on-a-crutch, does this piss me off.

Len_A

Bronze Member
And Melungeon, Yukon Jack, Francisco Frisco, Space Bar, PolyPsy, Gary Sledge, Jenny Pie, et al followed us to reddit, with his white nationalist crap. But, hey, it's not your problem any more...

Wow. Too many to quote but honestly what a bunch of self-entitled nonsense.

This is not your forum. You don't pay the hosting bills. You don't pay the person who updates and maintains the forum software. You don't pay the employees who monitor it. You don't pay anything at all.

You were a guest here for a long time and now the new owner has decided that the pleasure of your company is no longer needed. That can be sad or frustrating just as it would be if a local business you frequented for a decade decided to close it's doors because someone paid them for the space. But don't take it out on the new owners. It just looks pretty and entitled.

No one is denying anyone's free speech (no one is required to pay for a platform for you to voice your opinion or have your conversations). They started down the path to this decision before Yukon Jack was ever even around.

Speaking of which, I can't imagine a move more boneheaded than publicly giving Yukon Jack directions to your new hangout. Good job on that.

Been fun. Bye.

Chris1771

Silver Member
Wow. Too many to quote but honestly what a bunch of self-entitled nonsense.

This is not your forum. You don't pay the hosting bills. You don't pay the person who updates and maintains the forum software. You don't pay the employees who monitor it. You don't pay anything at all.

You were a guest here for a long time and now the new owner has decided that the pleasure of your company is no longer needed. That can be sad or frustrating just as it would be if a local business you frequented for a decade decided to close it's doors because someone paid them for the space. But don't take it out on the new owners. It just looks pretty and entitled.

No one is denying anyone's free speech (no one is required to pay for a platform for you to voice your opinion or have your conversations). They started down the path to this decision before Yukon Jack was ever even around.

Speaking of which, I can't imagine a move more boneheaded than publicly giving Yukon Jack directions to your new hangout. Good job on that.

Been fun. Bye.
Bye Wedge. You won’t be missed. I’m sure you’ll be active in /r/politics though.

van

Diamond Member
National politics was the one forum that was keeping this site alive. Not sure the direction you are wanting to go in, but pissing off the only remaining members, seems an odd way to go about any successful change . Best of luck

Londoner

Platinum Member
National politics was the one forum that was keeping this site alive. Not sure the direction you are wanting to go in, but pissing off the only remaining members, seems an odd way to go about any successful change . Best of luck
funny you say that, Van... out of all the threads in TAT on page 1 (all posts dating back to late October)... exactly four threads have double digits in number of posts... three of them being 17 or less, and this thread with 179 now... around 140 of them dealing with this exact topic... removing the Politics forum... so yeah, pretty obvious this is the only real thing of interest to most folks on the site... but maybe mgmt is happy with all of us moving along to something else, and trying to compete with social media with god knows what kind of content in the future

From what I'm reading it was one person exercising their first amendment right of free speech, but was suspended multiple times. They kept coming back and it led to the politics forum being taken down permanently.