Frisco Online / Lifestyle Frisco Merger

planomateo

Platinum Member
That is why we continue to debate whether to keep this forum open. It's not really about Frisco which is what the site is intended for. The time spent moderating is not a productive use of time but is unfortunately necessary (for now). I try to check in once a week but if everyone here feels so passionate about having a place to discuss politics then a few of you may want to consider starting your own political forum, and accepting the workload of managing/moderating as we're likely not going to keep this open much longer.

It simply provides no value to the community discussion about Frisco.
It did for many years. For whatever reason, this site lost the luster with folks. Facebook and other sites are now facilitating what this site once did. This site was an AWESOME resource for many years.

I could care less about arguing politics. Way more productive things in life to do...

Len_A

Bronze Member
It did for many years. For whatever reason, this site lost the luster with folks. Facebook and other sites are now facilitating what this site once did. It was an AWESOME resource for many years.

I could care less about arguing politics. Way more productive things in life to do...
And until about six months ago, you NEVER had openly racist/white nationalism nonsense being posted. That why I made the suggestion that this clown be reported to his ISP. One person should never be allowed to ruin anyplace, real or virtual, for everyone else.

orchid

Not for nothing, but it’s actually your own fault he keeps coming back. If y’all just put him on ignore he’d go away. You have the power to fix this before the admins decide to shut down the forum.

Len_A

Bronze Member
Not for nothing, but it’s actually your own fault he keeps coming back. If y’all just put him on ignore he’d go away. You have the power to fix this before the admins decide to shut down the forum.
Probably good advice.

Last edited:

Len_A

Bronze Member
Learned to use VPN software to cover your tracks is more like it. In other words, cheat. There are plenty of conservatives on this forum. Notice that not a single one posts in favor of your bullsh*t. Not...a...single...one.

Last edited:
That is why we continue to debate whether to keep this forum open.
I advocated for the removal of the politics subforum early in the transition but after the removal of a few problematic posters it really isn't nearly as bad as it once was.

The problem right now is literally one poster who has been banned repeatedly and keeps returning. Getting rid of the politics subforum won't stop it, because...

Space Bar, Yukon Jack, et al are back, with their racism crap and they are NOT confining it to the politics forum.
At this point if you shut it down all that'll happen is your regular users will leave and the white supremacist will stick around and spread to the rest of the forum.