Frisco Online / Lifestyle Frisco Merger

vsellis

Scott Ellis
Staff member
He doesn't give up, does he? Have you considered back tracing his IP address and reporting him to his ISP? I can't imagine an ISP who would put up with that.
It was the IP tracking that caught him. Have not reported to ISP but may be a future consideration.

Len_A

Bronze Member
It was the IP tracking that caught him. Have not reported to ISP but may be a future consideration.
90% certain that new member Space Bar is the same guy, maybe used VPN to mask his IP address. Already starting with the "you hate whites" nonsense in his posts.

Last edited:
SCOTT since you are not effectively checking the report log so here is a tip - every Friday come onto the board and look for new posters posting hundreds of posts per week. I'll give you a hint - they are not "NEW" posters.

Len_A

Bronze Member
I don't know why you people want to censor some from posting. Bad look in my opinion. Don't agree with their voice, ignore them.
Absolutely not. Not when they try to use the forum as a platform to spread white nationalism and racism. Ignoring them doesn't stop or slow them down.

I don't know why you people want to censor some from posting. Bad look in my opinion. Don't agree with their voice, ignore them.
As Len pointed out, there is a difference between having a differing opinion and being against white supremacy.

If the moderators are going to be asleep at the wheel for days at a time I feel it's worthwhile to consider appointing an active member of the board to act in their stead. If that's not an option, then I'd love to hear other suggestions on how we should handle the situation and make sure that moderation is being applied in an appropriate time frame.

Personally I'd be fine with nominating someone like TPW. I may strongly disagree with him on a lot of things but he is a very long term member of the board and I believe he would act responsibly to ensure that moderation was carried out fairly.

TPW

Diamond Member
As Len pointed out, there is a difference between having a differing opinion and being against white supremacy.

If the moderators are going to be asleep at the wheel for days at a time I feel it's worthwhile to consider appointing an active member of the board to act in their stead. If that's not an option, then I'd love to hear other suggestions on how we should handle the situation and make sure that moderation is being applied in an appropriate time frame.

Personally I'd be fine with nominating someone like TPW. I may strongly disagree with him on a lot of things but he is a very long term member of the board and I believe he would act responsibly to ensure that moderation was carried out fairly.
I don't have time to moderate the board, nor do I want to really. Besides I'd end up the only poster since I'm the only one on there with any sense.

;)

vsellis

Scott Ellis
Staff member
I disagree.

This site has been unmoderated for many many years @Wedge.

What's sad, this site used to be an awesome resource of information...now its just a bunch of people arguing in the political forum.
That is why we continue to debate whether to keep this forum open. It's not really about Frisco which is what the site is intended for. The time spent moderating is not a productive use of time but is unfortunately necessary (for now). I try to check in once a week but if everyone here feels so passionate about having a place to discuss politics then a few of you may want to consider starting your own political forum, and accepting the workload of managing/moderating as we're likely not going to keep this open much longer.

It simply provides no value to the community discussion about Frisco.

JJFrisco

Double Platinum
My 2 cents on the matter.... the political forum has a lot of activity compared to the other forums, but unless you have a moderator or two who are also passionate and can keep up with that forum, it gets out of hand and drives the other posters away.

I'd delete the forum and see if you can get other Frisco like discussions going on here.

Len_A

Bronze Member
That is why we continue to debate whether to keep this forum open. It's not really about Frisco which is what the site is intended for. The time spent moderating is not a productive use of time but is unfortunately necessary (for now). I try to check in once a week but if everyone here feels so passionate about having a place to discuss politics then a few of you may want to consider starting your own political forum, and accepting the workload of managing/moderating as we're likely not going to keep this open much longer.

It simply provides no value to the community discussion about Frisco.
It's one thing to have passionate debate. It's another to use it as a platform to promote racism, in one form or another.

I'd hate to see it deleted on account of one person insisting to abuse the TOS.

If it's deleted, then I'd be gone, honestly. Too bad, too. It's never boring, that's for sure.