Frisco Online / Lifestyle Frisco Merger

MacFrisco

Diamond Member
From what I'm reading it was one person exercising their first amendment right of free speech, but was suspended multiple times. They kept coming back and it led to the politics forum being taken down permanently.
Look Yukon, you bragged on redditt that you closed down this forum. Congratulations. We all get it, you like being a trouble maker and you like trolling with nonsense, because maybe daddy never paid attention to you.

Whatever is driving you to annoy people here and on Redditt, you don't get that no one wants to listen to you. Free speech is not the problem, your insanity is a problem and people don't want to listen to it. We all requested that you be banned, so don't blame the owners. That is democracy at work, isn't' that beautiful?

Most intelligent people would leave and find like minded people to share their insanity with... not you, because you're about 5 beers short of a 6 pack.

Last edited:
Ha,ha! You think I him. I searched Yukon Jack on this sight and I'll say his post are radical, but it shouldn't have been a reason to ban him or take down the politics forum. This one poster said it best.

Okay, well I disagree with YJ, buuuut- I appreciate that he puts his thoughts and reasoning into words. This IS a dialogue. If we choose to listen. caveat: I'm judging YJ on this thread alone b/c I'm too lazy (and recalcitrant) to go look in the crazy politics arguments.

YJ- I hear you. I appreciate that you are explaining your POV. It still sounds like tribalism to me. I want other ethnicities in my family. My ethnicity is getting boring. (shallow justification- my reasoning goes deeper than that but again, I haven't found spelling it out to be much worth the effort.)

I am VERY liberal, and even more now, (in light of our last presidential election) I need to understand YJ and his (your) p.o.v. because he is in a very large group of disgruntled people.

I don't like "hate". but I also don't like being dismissive of POV's that are radically counter to mine either.

Since our last election, I (and some of my liberal friends) have tried so hard to put myself into someone like YJ's shoes. Why does he think the way he does. because I can't dismiss all the people who vote for trump.

the "love" and "tolerance" christianity/liberalism that you, YJ, think is a virus is what makes me want to listen carefully.

YJ: these questions are probably too private and too much of the liberal mindset for you, but I'm going to ask them anyway.

What or who shaped your beliefs? And how do you feel about higher education? What do you do for a living? I'm still trying to understand.

Back to FOL. For me, at least, this thread is just fine. I disagree with YJ, but he's not threatening to kill anyone in this thread. He is taking the time to try to explain his POV.

I NEVER would have guessed he thought Christianity to be the culprit. That is NOT standard WS talk, as far as I know, which makes me think he's put some thought into it. What YS group preaches that Christianity is part of the problem? Please educate me.

It's a conversation. And I"m super glad to see some of my old FOL friends posting. Some of us that have been here for so long. I don't think I've met mommyp but I know she's been here a long time. I've maybe met BG once or twice face to face but we are FB friends. (and she's awesome.)

So FOL isn't totally dead yet. I would gladly meet YJ in person. Wrenchtwister and I totally disagree on politics but I had a great time meeting him.

What if we have a FOL happy hour????? I'd set it up if I thought anyone would come. :)

MacFrisco

Diamond Member
Ha,ha! You think I him. I searched Yukon Jack on this sight and I'll say his post are radical, but it shouldn't have been a reason to ban him or take down the politics forum. This one poster said it best.
Yes you are Yukon Jack. I have only been here 7 years and I know who you are even when you posted on redditt.

Len_A

Bronze Member
You can forget about following us and continuing to spew your racist nonsense. I've hunted down a forum the we can participate in, and you aren't invited.

Bummer. This was the one site where we could debate politics with some degree of civility. Plus, actually knowing folks posting here had real lives, real jobs, real families, etc. versus the trolls on other social media sites.

I do not agree with the decision, but all decisions have consequences.

Vaya con dios my political pals!

Bummer. This was the one site where we could debate politics with some degree of civility. Plus, actually knowing folks posting here had real lives, real jobs, real families, etc. versus the trolls on other social media sites.

I do not agree with the decision, but all decisions have consequences.

Vaya con dios my political pals!
In all reality ya'll could start talking about whatever comes to mind. It's one message board with one forum, just title the threads correctly. If you want to debate politics entitle a thread "debate politics with rawhide". It would all fall under Talk about Town.

In all reality ya'll could start talking about whatever comes to mind. It's one message board with one forum, just title the threads correctly. If you want to debate politics entitle a thread "debate politics with rawhide". It would all fall under Talk about Town.
If it isn't local politics, I think Tom Ellis will delete it. He's made it known that he doesn't see this website, and any of its forums, are any place to discuss national politics.

So start a thread entitled "Len_A talks politics". If it gets deleted oh well. Maybe after a while the owner will start up the politics forum again.
Not worth the effort. The behavior of a few extremists increased the need for the owners to moderate the forum, and no one wanted to be a full time moderator. And, to further make that point, Ellis made the statement that aside from local politics, he and his partners didn't feel that their Lifestylefrisco.com platform was the appropriate place to discuss national politics, so deleting the entire politics forum was the easy way to go. Rest of us have reluctantly moved on, and it's not coming back. As long as these owners run this website, that's how it's going to be.

Not worth the effort. The behavior of a few extremists increased the need for the owners to moderate the forum, and no one wanted to be a full time moderator. And, to further make that point, Ellis made the statement that aside from local politics, he and his partners didn't feel that their Lifestylefrisco.com platform was the appropriate place to discuss national politics, so deleting the entire politics forum was the easy way to go. Rest of us have reluctantly moved on, and it's not coming back. As long as these owners run this website, that's how it's going to be.
I hear ya brother, I hear ya..

Dt2YWR6V4AA3aus.jpg