Frisco North Rising Up!

Rimrock

Double Platinum
Nice..not sure how the 'phased' approach will really play out. If it is all done relatively quickly (like 2 years instead of a decade) I like it better. I wonder what comes after 'mixed use'? Ha!

Opus

Silver Member
A little off topic but it was mentioned in the story about changing the zoning. Why would zoning need to be changed for a piece of land that was already in use? I noticed a zone change request sign in Plano in front of a shopping center that is fairly new and completely filled. Also saw another in front of an office building that is fairly new. Just wondering what they might be trying to change?

Opus

Silver Member
The city should have only done this on condition they take over Wade Park and finish it before moving up to 380.

MSJ

Triple Platinum
A little off topic but it was mentioned in the story about changing the zoning. Why would zoning need to be changed for a piece of land that was already in use? I noticed a zone change request sign in Plano in front of a shopping center that is fairly new and completely filled. Also saw another in front of an office building that is fairly new. Just wondering what they might be trying to change?
Could be a business going in that needs a special use permit (restaurant, alcohol sales, restaurant with drive thru, fitness club etc..) it is fairly routine to have to go back before P&Z for changes to the original development plans or for special use permits. And these types of request or normally granted.