Frisco Freedom Fest Fireworks

We liked them...it was just the wait that was killing us. When they FINALLY started at about 10:20 on a work night - when Little Elm. Lewisville & The Colony we are all long over, our 17 month old & 4 year old were both past their expiration date for today & pretty antsy, so we brought baby girl back to the car & got 4 year old to hang in a little longer.

bluesea718

Double Platinum
They get more lame as the years go on.........
Agreed.

Definitely not worth it....maybe some year they will start on time.

And Frisco's finest once again fail to live up to expectations. There were a massive amount of cars (hundreds) directed into the grassy lot behind Cinemark. One exit. Not a single police officer to be seen after the fireworks. Get onto the Tollway Service road....there's the police!!! Closing a lane by Rudy's so that road in front of Rudy's can easily jump onto the service road. Really? Unbelievable.

Sent from my A200 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

The traffic "plan" for tonight around Frisco Square / FC Dallas stadium was a joke. You couldnt cross the tollway at CottonGin, The parking garage exits were a mess. The access rod headed N towards ElDorado was reduced to 1 lane. I saw more cops standing around the Square talking than working traffic. Lets face it, the police force is highly trained at issuing various traffic citations to soccer moms doing 5+ the speed limit in a minivan. However, tonight was evidence of the fact that there is no planning for big events. I respect the heck out of Cops and this isnt on them. The leadership failed here....

We went and had fun; stopped in a little after 8:00 and got some things to eat at the booths, left to go get some Double Dip and then came back and found a spot to watch the fireworks from. I was surprised by how late it was but I assumed it was because we had to wait for the soccer game to end? Enjoyed the fireworks show though!

I agree that there really needed to be some police directing traffic. We were really close to one of the exits and it took us forever to get out because we had to turn right at a stop sign and no one was letting people in and people weren't being aggressive enough to force their way in. On top of that we had one person driving on the wrong end of the road to get ahead and others driving over sidewalks to get into the line! We saw 2-3 people standing around in orange vests but they didn't seem to be doing anything except standing by the road block.

Luckily it only took us 30 minutes to get home, so all in all the evening was fun!

raven70

Double Platinum
Display was meh. . .It wasn't bad, but there were no surprises. The finale was just bright and loud.

Parked off Frisco Street just south of Research. Unfortunately, our once secret spots are getting more and more crowded. Longest delay getting home was getting out of parking lot. Eldorado was still under construction last year, but this year was much faster. People coming off Research to Eldorado were screwed. No light and very backed up. We just came back up Frisco. Last year we sat 75 ft from launch site. Too close for our son and for all of to a lesser extent.

Griffin

Silver Member
The traffic "plan" for tonight around Frisco Square / FC Dallas stadium was a joke. You couldnt cross the tollway at CottonGin, The parking garage exits were a mess. The access rod headed N towards ElDorado was reduced to 1 lane. I saw more cops standing around the Square talking than working traffic. Lets face it, the police force is highly trained at issuing various traffic citations to soccer moms doing 5+ the speed limit in a minivan. However, tonight was evidence of the fact that there is no planning for big events. I respect the heck out of Cops and this isnt on them. The leadership failed here....
While I generally support the police I agree with this, they typically are out ticketing soccer moms to hit their quota.

Delta-TX

Silver Member
Why did they start so late? It was dark by 9:15. Most of us have to get up and go to work.
They were waiting for the soccer game to end! They need to stop scheduling anything at the stadium for July 4th or, at least, start it earlier. The game didn't start until 8:00 pm.

DLPisGreat

Bronze Member
I wonder what I saw then at 9:30. Sat up on the hill by the Early Childhood Development school by Christie. Saw something in the area of the ball park. After the finale, most of us left.

Does soccer show the home team differently on Web sites?

PeaElAre

Silver Member
Fireworks can't start until the game ends. It started at 8:00 because they played a west coast team and there was television stuff to contend with. That said, I thought it was pretty good.

Traffic mess was due in large part to a motorcycle accident on the Tollway frontage road. The backup from that basically had a chain reaction to the other routes.

Piiilot

Platinum Member
Fireworks can't start until the game ends. It started at 8:00 because they played a west coast team and there was television stuff to contend with. That said, I thought it was pretty good.

Traffic mess was due in large part to a motorcycle accident on the Tollway frontage road. The backup from that basically had a chain reaction to the other routes.
They played Montreal, the game was on TV, i am sure that played a part in the 8 pm start. There was a very nice crowd in attendance. The fireworks were very good. The accident on Eldorado basically shut down the exit to the north and apparently created gridlock for cars exiting that way.

I wonder what I saw then at 9:30. Sat up on the hill by the Early Childhood Development school by Christie. Saw something in the area of the ball park. After the finale, most of us left.

Does soccer show the home team differently on Web sites?
We were over there too. Those were surrounding cities. There were about 3 different shows you could see in the distance at that time, but that wasn't Frisco's.

We thought it was a good show, but this is the last year we are staying in Frisco for fireworks. They are just too late. With this city being home of 5 billion kids you would think they could adjust the firework schedule. Either have the games start earlier or don't have one on the 4th. All the surrouding cities fireworks were done by they time Frisco finally got started.

Geck

Platinum Member
:sarcastic:

I was waiting to see how many people on here would be complaining about how late the fireworks were and how they have little kids blah blah blah.

GET OVER IT. nobody made you stay and wait for them. There were so many fireworks displays all over the place last night you could have been home in bed by 9:30 if you wanted to.

bluesea718

Double Platinum

Since when is TORONTO a west coast team?

Traffic mess was almost 100% attributable to the fact that there wasn't a police officer anywhere to be seen in the area of Cinemark/Frisco Square exit to the tollway, and the fact that they CLOSED a lane by Rudy's in order to allow traffic on the road in front of Rudy's easy access to the Tollway service road. They were not at all concerned with the thousands of cars a mile south. I am not exaggerating when I say that one of the cars in that grassy lot moved 8 feet in 25 minutes.

We enjoyed the show from the parking lot behind Main Event. After the show we were amazed at the cooperation of everyone there exiting the parking lots and onto
westbound Main. Everyone "zippered" out of the lots, alternating cars so that all moved
and even onto westbound Main, every other car created a spot for those exiting the lots
to merge in. From the end of the show to parking in our garage in NW Frisco...about 20 min.

PeaElAre

Silver Member
Since when is TORONTO a west coast team?

Traffic mess was almost 100% attributable to the fact that there wasn't a police officer anywhere to be seen in the area of Cinemark/Frisco Square exit to the tollway, and the fact that they CLOSED a lane by Rudy's in order to allow traffic on the road in front of Rudy's easy access to the Tollway service road. They were not at all concerned with the thousands of cars a mile south. I am not exaggerating when I say that one of the cars in that grassy lot moved 8 feet in 25 minutes.
My mistake...I didn't know who they played...I do know that it was a late start because of the game being televised on the west coast. Television dictates sporting event start times.

The aforementioned motorcycle accident was the reason for the lane closure at Rudy's. It occurred just north of there.