Frisco Football League Needs Immediate Change!

mommyx2

Diamond Member
Personally, if my mom came on here and named both me and my DD I would NOT be happy.. especially in this situation.

Hopefully this was their last season in FFL cheer or the next few may be even less pleasant.

OMG - ok, really ? Enough, these are not coaches. These are parents with real jobs, that have given their time to herd cats a couple nights a week and on Saturdays. For that they deserve medals. This is bordering on ridiculous. Look FFL is not perfect, there are no perfect parents, there are no perfect teams, and none of your kids care about any of this the way you do. They want a cool helmet, and an easy number to remember, and they want to run around with their friends have something to talk about during play period on Monday. That's all. If the guy with the sporty car is having a good time at the pray to play league that's great too, but come on, you have beat FFL to death on here. Nobody cares. If they did FFL would have folded its tent. If you don't like FFL go play at the Y or at the pray to play league. BTW the only real offense is the wishbone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
You need to reread my posts. I am an advocate for FFL not a detractor.

I do disagree with you on one point though. It is not just the parent who care about the game. I coached in the FFL for several years. The boys I saw on my and other teams were interested in more than just the ice cream after the game. Those few that had that level of interest realized quickly that they were in the wrong place. This isn't baseball where they can go stand you in right field. There is contact on every play. These kids work hard to do well. They work hard and want to win just like their parents do. The difference is that it is their game to play. They should care or they are wasting their time.

Piiilot

Platinum Member
You need to reread my posts. I am an advocate for FFL not a detractor.

I do disagree with you on one point though. It is not just the parent who care about the game. I coached in the FFL for several years. The boys I saw on my and other teams were interested in more than just the ice cream after the game. Those few that had that level of interest realized quickly that they were in the wrong place. This isn't baseball where they can go stand you in right field. There is contact on every play. These kids work hard to do well. They work hard and want to win just like their parents do. The difference is that it is their game to play. They should care or they are wasting their time.
I see that you are an advocate, everybody see's it. You might be a zealot. It's nothing more than sand lot football, run by an unsanctioned organization that is not perfect, by some people that take it more serious than the kids do. If that makes you giggle and wiggle great, but don't try to make this something it's not.

I see that you are an advocate, everybody see's it. You might be a zealot. It's nothing more than sand lot football, run by an unsanctioned organization that is not perfect, by some people that take it more serious than the kids do. If that makes you giggle and wiggle great, but don't try to make this something it's not.

You win. YMCA for everyone!

debw712

Diamond Member
This is not what we teach our children. Please think twice before subjecting your girls to this type of cheer organization!
What would you teach your children then? To keep a trophy they did not earn?

The OLYMPIC judges make mistakes, professional boxing judges, UFC judges, NFL, MLB, NHL... Those are the kinds of organizations that conduct business this way.

What the lady did was crappy in delivery but if the trophies and adoration were left placed upon the wrong kids, IMO it'd be far more damaging.

Not winning is just as important a lesson in competition as winning, earning that win 100% is a great lesson, conceding graciously is another one.

I've seen my DDs dance team do the same number at get Platinum scores at one competition and holds and another- but as long as they enjoy dancing, the color of the trophy or lack of one altogether is an aside.

Teaching an impressionable 10 year old to despise an org they belong to, with volunteers and coaches who are in it often simply for love of the sport- is a bad way to go.

It wasn't the leagues fault the judges screwed up.