Frisco Family Services Food Pantry

I apologize if this was recently posted here, but I thought I'd pass along a call for help from FFS. This summer is shaping up to be a difficult time for them, and they are in need of donations.

Their most urgent needs can be found here: http://www.friscocenter.org/index.php?src=gendocs&ref=Food-Pantry&category=Main

They put out a call for help on facebook earlier this week. Thanks. :)

ETA: Forgot to include their address! They're located at 8780 3rd Street.

KentM

It would help if they would stay open one day a bit later than 6 pm, i cant get there during the week that early.

Do they have a place to drop off after hours thats secure?

It would help if they would stay open one day a bit later than 6 pm, i cant get there during the week that early.

Do they have a place to drop off after hours thats secure?
I wish I'd seen this earlier and I would have asked. I'd be happy to meet up with you to pick up a donation and take it up there for you (or pick it up off your porch or whatever!). I'll call up there on Monday and ask if there is a secure drop box. That's a good idea, btw. :)
They do have a "donate" tab on their page that I just noticed, to throw another option out there.

pitakelly13

Double Platinum
If you are in East Frisco/Mckinney and wish to donate, PM me and I will pick up from your house (either night before or same day) and deliver to the pantry when I drive by to go to work (about 11am). If you need a receipt for tax purposes, put an addressed envelope with the items I get from you and I'll get one and send it back to you.

I'm about to go shopping and planning to drop by there on Monday.

If you are in East Frisco/Mckinney and wish to donate, PM me and I will pick up from your house (either night before or same day) and deliver to the pantry when I drive by to go to work (about 11am). If you need a receipt for tax purposes, put an addressed envelope with the items I get from you and I'll get one and send it back to you.

I'm about to go shopping and planning to drop by there on Monday.
Love this idea!

I can take care of West Frisco/Little Elm. As pitakelly said, PM your address to me me and I can pick it up on Sunday or Monday morning. Just let me know what works best for you. (I can also take care of getting the tax receipt, if you so desire (just put the addressed envelope in, as pita mentioned above). Thanks everyone!

Pantry Update

We dropped off food today.

They still need.

Flour,sugar,pasta,ketchup,canned fruit ,oil, mac & cheese ,pop tarts.

They are open till 6pm on Wednesdays.

So I'm going to get blasted no doubt, but why do they need Pop Tarts. Surely it makes more sense to request something with a reasonable amount of nutritional value for people who NEED food.

I could understand if it were Ramen. While it has no nutritional value it is cheap and can feed alot of people for next to no money. Pop Tarts are expensive and not filling. For less money than a box of pop tarts that will basically feed 2 kids breakfast for a day or two, you can get a pound of oatmeal that could feed breakfast for a week to the entire family.

BTW I am not criticizing anyone who would buy them and donate them, but consider it more constructive criticism of the request from a seemingly good hearted, hard working organization. And since when is ketchup a necessity for hungry families? It's a condiment for goodness sake.

ETA I have donated ALOT of food and personal care items over the years to Frisco Family Services.

I'm planning to drop some food off on Friday. If you PM me before Friday morning, I can swing by your porch on Friday (7/13) and take your donation as well. Just let me know your address.

So I'm going to get blasted no doubt, but why do they need Pop Tarts. Surely it makes more sense to request something with a reasonable amount of nutritional value for people who NEED food.

I could understand if it were Ramen. While it has no nutritional value it is cheap and can feed alot of people for next to no money. Pop Tarts are expensive and not filling. For less money than a box of pop tarts that will basically feed 2 kids breakfast for a day or two, you can get a pound of oatmeal that could feed breakfast for a week to the entire family.

BTW I am not criticizing anyone who would buy them and donate them, but consider it more constructive criticism of the request from a seemingly good hearted, hard working organization. And since when is ketchup a necessity for hungry families? It's a condiment for goodness sake.

ETA I have donated ALOT of food and personal care items over the years to Frisco Family Services.

No, I understand (and agree) with what you're saying. I don't keep Pop Tarts in my house. Some health issues made a "believer" out of me a few years back.

BTW, if you want to vote for Frisco Family Services to win $30,000, one can do so, here:
https://www.facebook.com/libertydallas/app_100717463350679 (simply "like" the page and then scroll down on the voting page until you find FFS). Thanks! :)

The next time someone goes can you please ask what they are low on. I would like to drop off some things next week. Thank you.
Babalu,
You can check this link for their most urgent needs, as it is updated daily. :)

http://www.friscocenter.org/index.php?src=gendocs&ref=Food-Pantry&category=Main

Also, everyone can still vote on facebook (until Aug. 20th, I think) for Frisco Family Services to receive $30,000.

https://www.facebook.com/libertydallas/app_100717463350679

Thanks!

Does anyone know if they take the shampoos, lotion, conditioners from hotels? My hubby always ends up bringing them home and I have a drawer full.

Thanks!