FRISCO Best Place to Live

Rooster

Silver Member
Yep, No heroine or opiates in Frisco - that utopian, drug-free bubble. Take off your opiate colored glasses. The reason there are more deaths in NM is yes, there is a lot of drugs flowing through NM, but also the State's remoteness leads to increased response times from EMS therefore a lot fewer "saves". The deaths are concentrated in a few bad places (ABQ and Espanola) where many homeless kids gather to enjoy the temperate weather and beautiful scenery. Let's not forget N. Texas had its own issues with heroine a few years back.

I'm heading up to Taos this weekend for Oktoberfest, you should join me and see what a real quality of life means (Hint, it's not a nail salon, bank branch and a Starbucks with a concrete parking lot).
For a guy that loves New Mexico so much, Frisco sure does give you a bad case of short unit.

Rooster

Silver Member
Those cultural events you refer to are NOT in N.Texas suburb of Frisco, they may be in Dallas and the surrounding communities.

Frisco is crowded due to jobs along the DNT (generally not in Frisco), good schools and relatively cheap housing.

Lots to contemplate while you are stuck on the DNT tollway.

Heading out to the Oktoberfest at the ski town of Red River today to take in the sights, sounds and libations of Fall in the Rockies. Oooompa!!

Oh and we surely lack biodiversity here in NM with the deer, elk, bears, wolves, mountain lions, sheep and eagles - There are no fire ants here, few mosquitoes nor HUMIDITY. Texas gets biodiversity due to its sheer size and numerous micro climates.
With all due respect, dude...How long has it been since you lived here? Are you sure you still know what you're talking about?

My point on this whole thread is be careful about drinking the Frisco Koolaid too much. You might end up believing the Cowboys will win the superbowl every year. Certainly Frisco has many benefits for young families but outside that demographic it gets a little iffy.

MacFrisco

Diamond Member
Frisco is a really nice palace to live. The worst part for me is airport access because I travel so much. The second worst part is going to Dallas for concerts, games, etc. It been around 15 years since I went to a State Fair.

When I was 30 - 50 years old, I loved the growth in this area, opportunity all around us, property values increasing, high schools with 96% graduation rates, it has been great. As far as a place to make a living and send your kids to good schools, this area, Allen and McKinney included, is one of the best areas in the US to live. I couldn't really tell there was a recession in 2008 in this area.

However, as I age this area is getting way too crowded for me. I have been in the DFW area most of my life. I started in Dallas, moved to Farmers Branch, Richardson, Plano, Allen, Frisco, not too long ago we were looking at Lucas or Prosper to move away from the congestion, but that seems futile. The Dallas North Tollway stretches to 380, who would have guessed that in 1968? Prosper is the next Frisco.

I'm getting close to retirement and I think its time to leave the crowds to the eager young folks. I'm not sure where we will go, but we will most likely stay in Texas, maybe Tyler Texas. I lived there when I was a kid.

I have lived in 7 different states for a year or longer from the time I started grade school. This is a great place to live. No argument from me.

There was a time when access to the Airport was a benefit for Frisco. Just a quick jump down that two lane 121 - a few stop lights and poof you were at the airport. Then it turned into a nightmare, then it got better, then it turned into a new nightmare.

Rooster

Silver Member
My point on this whole thread is be careful about drinking the Frisco Koolaid too much. You might end up believing the Cowboys will win the superbowl every year. Certainly Frisco has many benefits for young families but outside that demographic it gets a little iffy.
It seems more like your point is to bash Frisco like you always do, to make yourself feel better about living in Mule's Elbow, NM.