FRISCO Best Place to Live

Rimrock

Double Platinum
I know...if we only had the number of trailer parks and meth labs like NM does we could be something! Ha! Besides, North Texas I don't think anyone lives here for the scenery anyway.

No meth labs here in Los Alamos that I am aware and let's not forget Frisco has it's own trailer park right dab in the middle of city. We do have gorgeous mountains, spectacular canyons, incredible history, a national park, a national science laboratory, access to the National Forest and deep Native American and Original Spanish settler culture.

rawhide

Diamond Member
No meth labs here in Los Alamos that I am aware and let's not forget Frisco has it's own trailer park right dab in the middle of city. We do have gorgeous mountains, spectacular canyons, incredible history, a national park, a national science laboratory, access to the National Forest and deep Native American and Original Spanish settler culture.
That’s great. You seem to enjoy living in NM, where the Fed Gov funds a lot of jobs at Las Almos. Surely you can understand that your pleasant thoughts of your current state of residence can be shared by anyone else, living in the other 49 states United States of America.

Chris1771

Silver Member
Sounds like both are nice places to live for different reasons. Big drawback for Frisco is the cement jungle aspect. But just you wait until Grand Park arrives ;)

Opus

Silver Member
If everyone could work from home, it would be interesting to see how the population would spread out. Of course it might not do that. Maybe most people are not like me and want to live in a hectic area with a ton of people.

If everyone could work from home, it would be interesting to see how the population would spread out. Of course it might not do that. Maybe most people are not like me and want to live in a hectic area with a ton of people.
You’d have a lot less people in Frisco that is for sure.

We have been here 13 years (west side) and enjoyed living here. However, over the last couple of years this side of town has become incredibly over crowded. Not too happy with the construction going on and the huge amount of housing (large apartment complexes, townhouses, huge neighborhoods, etc.) being built especially near the tollway and Legacy and Main St. near the Square. Driving on Main street thru downtown Frisco is aggravating at best. The traffic is only going to get worse.

Katie,

You have not seen anything yet. High traffic, surrounded by tollroads, lack of corporate HQs equal an unbalanced mix of residential to other types of development. Frisco will continue to grow, but it lacks an increasing quality of life.

Rimrock

Double Platinum
And don't forget NM leads in heroin and opioid deaths too. Lots of 'labs' and folks 'high' in those gorgeous mountains...ha!

Yep, No heroine or opiates in Frisco - that utopian, drug-free bubble. Take off your opiate colored glasses. The reason there are more deaths in NM is yes, there is a lot of drugs flowing through NM, but also the State's remoteness leads to increased response times from EMS therefore a lot fewer "saves". The deaths are concentrated in a few bad places (ABQ and Espanola) where many homeless kids gather to enjoy the temperate weather and beautiful scenery. Let's not forget N. Texas had its own issues with heroine a few years back.

I'm heading up to Taos this weekend for Oktoberfest, you should join me and see what a real quality of life means (Hint, it's not a nail salon, bank branch and a Starbucks with a concrete parking lot).

Every place has it's drawbacks. Driving and spending time in NM is enough for me to know it is not a place I ever want to live. Just personal preference.

While I am looking forward to getting back to North Texas next year I am going to miss the climate in the Midwest. Not perfect but you can actually be outside in the summer - I am dreading DFW summers again. For me personally Frisco has no appeal. It is so crowded, has more to go and it too centered on sports and families with kids still at home. For someone getting close to empty nester places like West Plano have much more appeal.

If I could live anywhere to work well I'd probably have small winter place in Hill Country and small summer place up north.

planomateo

Platinum Member
New Mexico is beautiful and you can't beat the food. We got out there to visit some friends in ABQ once a year.

The population in Collin County is getting too much for me. Other than jobs, I don't know why anyone would move here at this point.

I really don't get the whole idea of moving to another area and then posting about how crappy your old area was. Move on...

I do not disparage N. Texas as a good place to live for some but I would curb ones enthusiasm from a puff piece based on a arbitrary weighted criteria. Quite often these surveys and rankings are based on how well the municipality answered the questions or they hit the sweet spot of weighted demographics.

For example N.Texas is not great for singles nor the elderly. It completely lacks fine arts or an effective public transportation system. If you want 2.6 kids, a dog and a 1 hour+ commute each way paying tolls for the priviledge - N. Texas is your spot.