Foster & Adoptive Parents Support Groups

Happy 2016!!!

My wife and I were recently licensed as an Adoptive Family through Covenant Kids and are in the process of getting matched up with children that are up for adoption. We are interested in seeing if there is a Foster/Adoptive Support Group for parents to help each other out with Respite Care and just overall support? I'm looking at reaching out to our church at St. Francis of Assisi in Frisco about starting a Foster/Adoptive Ministry or Support Group.

I know this was a very long and emotional process for us and we did this alone with very little help so I am sure there are others out there as well that could use some support from others going through the same process or are considering Foster/Adoption.

If you know of any support groups or would like to start one, please let me know. Please send me a private message with your email if interested or simply reply to this post if you are or know of a support group in the area.

Thank you.

askipper

Silver Member
As an adoptee, I just want to say bless you for adopting. I could have grown up in a complete nightmare. Fortunately, my biological mother cared enough about me to give me up to a family that had the means and desire to raise a child.

mikel

Platinum Member
I love the law in Texas. One year to fix the issue, or state terminate parental rights and starts adoption process. Get the kids out of foster care.