For you FOL Old Timers...with regrets.

Rebel

Diamond Member
In case some of you haven't seen on FB or other Social Media Sources, we all lost a great one last week.

FOL Member Flicks passed away last Sunday. Some of you may remember he married Van 5 years ago.

He was one of the first members I ever met, and was truly one of the nicest, most genuine individuals. He would have given the shirt off his back to help someone.

Just didn't feel right to not let FOL know.

Rebel...thanks for posting. I never met Flicks either but did meet Van on several occasions. She actually painted our house.
One of the nicest people on the planet so I know Flicks was too. My deepest condolences to her and her family.

Truly one of the best. A prince among men. A model husband and father.

I’ll miss talking with him. Jay always took the time to be caring and genuine with everyone he met.

Wow, havent checked in on this forum in probably a year...felt the need to check it today and this is the first post i see.

Van, you have my sympathy's, he was a great guy. I remember 15+ years ago teaching him how to smoke a brisket.

RIP!

demvet

Bronze Member
This may seem odd, but, was he a Green Bay Packer fan by chance? He looks familiar, and I feel like I met him at Stan's, once, and talked Packers-Bears with him for a bit. If so, very nice man, indeed. Regardless, so very sorry for your loss, and wish you nothing but the sweet memories you share with him.

van

Diamond Member
This may seem odd, but, was he a Green Bay Packer fan by chance? He looks familiar, and I feel like I met him at Stan's, once, and talked Packers-Bears with him for a bit. If so, very nice man, indeed. Regardless, so very sorry for your loss, and wish you nothing but the sweet memories you share with him.
Yes, the biggest Packers fan you’ll ever meet. We used to go to Stans, so I’m sure it was him

lesscrazy

Bronze Member
Van,
Very sorry for your loss. That man had a great smile. I couldn't help but smile back at the photo of the two of you.
Best wishes for all the comfort and happiness he wants for you and yours.