For seafood lovers

Not familiar with it but I thought the honor system concept is interesting - I've never heard of any place doing this before:

The restaurant will operate on an honor system, the way Aw Shucks locations have from the beginning, Peterson said. Patrons order at a counter, receive their food and then pay on the way out by telling the cashier what they ordered.

SkiBum

Platinum Member
Great restaurant, but I can't really get jazzed about the location. One of the fun things about Aw Shucks/Big Shucks and even Fish Shack is the patio. Don't envision them having one there, but could be wrong.

Geck

Platinum Member
Did I say "Gulf" oysters son? Typically they come from W or NE coast if the gulf is sketchy. Haven't been to this joint tho

Ha! you're funny. They are gulf oysters. No place around here is going to sell W or NE oysters for a 1.50 an oyster or less. If you aren't paying $20-$30 a dozen son chances are they are gulf oysters. Good luck with that.

Usually your "higher end" seafood restaurants will have oysters from places other than the gulf. take your chances with warm water oysters if you want.

mcBerg

Platinum Member
Ha! you're funny. They are gulf oysters. No place around here is going to sell W or NE oysters for a 1.50 an oyster or less. If you aren't paying $20-$30 a dozen son chances are they are gulf oysters. Good luck with that.

Usually your "higher end" seafood restaurants will have oysters from places other than the gulf. take your chances with warm water oysters if you want.
Like I said, we haven't been to this place but even joints in Destin, FL last summer vaca and even local barNgrills do not serve gulf oysters if sketchy and you want them raw... They weren't no $20-30/dozen either, son. But thanks for looking out for all of us Mr Grey Poupon.

Gee, guess the grilled marinated flank steak and caprese salad w/Balsamic I made last nite is dog food IYHO. Don't like the joint? don't go...

Can..not..Wait!!! Went to Big Shucks and it was just as great now as Aw Shucks was in the 70's with "Dirty Bob" running around. Love the honor system.

JaLynnC

Bronze Member
We went for lunch yesterday. Its very casual. Order at the counter. Pickup at another counter. Pay on your way out by telling the cashier what you had. Food came out hot and fast but was "meh" at best.

Hubs had shrimp basket - 6 medium large shrimp and fries. I had a combo basket with shrimp, fried oysters and a fried catfish fillet and fries.

Nothing had any flavor. The catfish was cooked nicely - very light fluffy fish with good batter texture but very bland. The fries were even bland.