Flys!!!!

raven70

Double Platinum
In 8 years here have never had a fly problem like this. We had a pet sitter here for a week (week before last), and noticed some flys in the house after assuming she left the door open, but not this bad. We can't find any trash or source, but wife has killed 24 house flys in the house today. I killed 2 (she's just more dedicated than me). The flys are in the windows mostly, but no open windows, doors are closed mostly. They aren't that bad in the yard. . .Any suggestions?

I read on Pinterest that flies hate the smell of Pine Sol. I use equal parts Pine Sol and water in a spray bottle. It repels most of them, then I spray the one or two that sneak in. They can't see the spray bottle coming right at them. I also spray the surfaces on our patio. It smells really good, if you like Pine Sol!

roberts933

Bronze Member
We were out of town this weekend and came home to find dead flies everywhere. Then this morning I killed a dozen in just a few minutes. Weird.

Trixi

Double Platinum
Hang one of these outside next to your door on the strike side and they won't come inside.

I'm not even joking......it works!

I have actually heard that this does work. In fact, I've seen them around restaurants with outdoor seating. My question, do you leave a small opened space on the zip part of the baggie?

coachrex75035

Platinum Member
I have actually heard that this does work. In fact, I've seen them around restaurants with outdoor seating. My question, do you leave a small opened space on the zip part of the baggie?
No.

You just hang the bag with water in it and that's that.
Some enterprising folks have created decorative versions of the same concept.

Like this.

The flies do seem worse this year. I bet the mild winter and weird spring has something to do with it.

The baggie things work. That's been around for many, many years.

With a cat in the house, I can't spray anything on the floors or use any cleaners. Since cats lick their paws to groom themselves, I don't want him ingesting any chemicals.

A jar of beer works well (punch holes in the lid- make sure the holes are big enough). Flies are attracted to the beer and drown in it. Got rid of all the tiny flies in the house with it, and a bunch of horse flies when used outside. Change it weekly or when full.