Flute teacher needed for Private Lessons

I'm looking for a flute teacher for private lessons for my 6th grader. She is in band, doing well and I want to give her the opportunity to learn more outside of school.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Mike

I'm looking for a flute teacher for private lessons for my 6th grader. She is in band, doing well and I want to give her the opportunity to learn more outside of school.

Mike
Might be different up here, but in Cy-Fair in Houston, the district typically has private lesson teachers for each area school. Costs were like $10-15 a lesson, and the teachers were typically music majors at U of H or other band directors within the district.

Just saying there might be an option out there that could be more cost effective.

TPW

Diamond Member
Call the HS Band Director of the school she will feed into and see who they recommend for their HS students. Or see if that HS band has a website with that information on it. Of course I would contact the MS Band Director as well about the teacher who isn't reliable so they can find someone else.

Flute teacher

Mike
My daughter took lessons from an Asian lady that lived in Grey Hawk. I found her by google, this was a few years back and I don't remember her name. She was great! I do remember where she lives though :)

DK2445

Bronze Member
Great flute teacher

Hey,
I sent you a private message with the email address of our teacher. I'm not comfortable posting her contact info publicly without her permission.

My 5th grade daughter really likes her. She's a great flutist and a great teacher.

DSK

Last edited:

Jayhawk

Gold Member
Call the HS Band Director of the school she will feed into and see who they recommend for their HS students. Or see if that HS band has a website with that information on it. Of course I would contact the MS Band Director as well about the teacher who isn't reliable so they can find someone else.
+1