Feasibility Study Reveals the Demand for a Performing Arts Venue in Frisco

If there is so much demand then should be no problem to raise private funds to build and maintain the facility.

The article is heavily biased and I don't believe we cannot leverage the facilities in the 10 FISD High Schools.

Did Simpson write this feasibility study?? Is he looking to get his cush position back??

That being said, Frisco could use an arts center and there is not enough "old money" in Frisco to support it on donations alone.

Not to put another dig into Frisco's small school model but Allen has a fantastic Arts facility run by the HS.

Home

Sounded more like propaganda piece vs a study. Author made assertion that based on income level the facility was needed? Huh - not great argument for $40M.

City could donate land and then let a group fund and build the venue to meet all this demand. With free land the business case has to be there given the urgent need for this facility.

Rimrock

Double Platinum
A recent performing arts feasibility study reveals that local arts groups would benefit from Frisco having a 300-500 seat performance venue in the city in the near future. A larger 1200-1500 seat facility is in limbo without private funds. Read more about the study, our City Council's response, and the future of Performing Arts space in Frisco... Feasibility Study Reveals the Demand for a Performing Arts Venue in Frisco
Barf! The beast that will not die!

Anyway, if there are really sooooo many art patrons in Frisco they should have no problem soliciting enough money. I'd donate! Yep! But I will never support a 100% tax payer funded option.

Last edited:
As Frisco's population ages you will see this brought up again and again.

Now, the Amazon Prime Performing Arts Center in Frisco has a nice ring to it.

Rebel

Diamond Member
Sounded more like propaganda piece vs a study. Author made assertion that based on income level the facility was needed? Huh - not great argument for $40M.

City could donate land and then let a group fund and build the venue to meet all this demand. With free land the business case has to be there given the urgent need for this facility.

No, the need (or ability to support) was based on the number of groups that travel outside the city of Frisco to use other venues, and indicated what they could utilize within the City, how many days they would use it etc. It also recommended a much smaller venue to support those truly local community groups than what has previously been discussed, vs a larger venue for traveling "off boradway" type troupes.

Invader

Silver Member
A recent performing arts feasibility study reveals that local arts groups would benefit from Frisco having a 300-500 seat performance venue in the city in the near future. A larger 1200-1500 seat facility is in limbo without private funds. Read more about the study, our City Council's response, and the future of Performing Arts space in Frisco... Feasibility Study Reveals the Demand for a Performing Arts Venue in Frisco
Jerry Jones has a spare 30 million....wait....

TPW

Diamond Member
If there is so much demand then should be no problem to raise private funds to build and maintain the facility.

The article is heavily biased and I don't believe we cannot leverage the facilities in the 10 FISD High Schools.
The facilities on the HS campuses are BARELY adequate to meet the needs of the performing groups at the HS themselves. Facilities were woefully under built at the HS with small auditoriums and band halls that are way too small to house the number of students in most of the programs at the HS level.

It is long overdue for Frisco to have a 1st class performing arts venue. The debate can rage over how to fund it but there is a need and having one would only bring more value to those that live here.

I find it hard to believe that our Taj Mahal high schools are barely adequate in anything much less space for the performing arts. Funding was always the rub nothing new there. I mean Simpson can still get his name on a building if he brings in the biggest donor right?? Anyway, like I posted earlier, I would happily donate. Frisco tax dollars? Nope.

TPW

Diamond Member
I find it hard to believe that our Taj Mahal high schools are barely adequate in anything much less space for the performing arts. Funding was always the rub nothing new there. I mean Simpson can still get his name on a building if he brings in the biggest donor right?? Anyway, like I posted earlier, I would happily donate. Frisco tax dollars? Nope.
Well, the facilities at the current HS's are inadequate for the performing arts. The schools were built to remain 4A/5A yes but at a time when the number of students for that classification was only 1750 students. It is now 2150 and most schools in the district are at or very near that capacity. Band halls were built to house these smaller populations and they are literally bursting at the seams. Auditoriums are inadequate in size to house even the basic school functions like Senior class awards. So before you comment maybe you need to learn something.

As I said the debate over how something like this is funded can rage on but to make an argument that it isn't needed or wouldn't be used is one made from a position of severe ignorance.

I will say if I want my tax dollars spent I want them spent locally where I can take advantage of what they are used for. The whole DON'T SPEND ON ANYTHING mindset is ignorant. Spend wisely and on amenities that increase the quality of life of your citizens. An arts center is one of those investments.

There is not enough "old" money in Frisco that would typically fund the arts. You need a group of 10-20 very wealthy benefactors that would rather fund the arts over their children's inheritance. There is no cheap land or building to convert into an arts center. It's a pricey endevour for any private funding model.

You could get a private/public project but there is way too much bad blood left over from the multi-city project.

if I had to bet on a city doing something, I would bet on McKinney. They have a vibrant downtown district and some buildings that could be converted to a performing arts center.

Rimrock

Double Platinum
Well, the facilities at the current HS's are inadequate for the performing arts. The schools were built to remain 4A/5A yes but at a time when the number of students for that classification was only 1750 students. It is now 2150 and most schools in the district are at or very near that capacity. Band halls were built to house these smaller populations and they are literally bursting at the seams. Auditoriums are inadequate in size to house even the basic school functions like Senior class awards. So before you comment maybe you need to learn something.

As I said the debate over how something like this is funded can rage on but to make an argument that it isn't needed or wouldn't be used is one made from a position of severe ignorance.

I will say if I want my tax dollars spent I want them spent locally where I can take advantage of what they are used for. The whole DON'T SPEND ON ANYTHING mindset is ignorant. Spend wisely and on amenities that increase the quality of life of your citizens. An arts center is one of those investments.
Same ole country club..Muffy the heathens don't support the ARTS..Oh mon Dieu! Anyway, never said spend money on nothing..silly man. Again, CC, if the so called need is there the citizens should donate. Sure, I see the City paying for some infra improvements to help along a private venture. And, I sit corrected on the massive struggle and suffering going on in the completely inadequate Frisco HSs.