Fare sales unannounced

Teach

Diamond Member
If you are looking for a good deal to Europe start watching Emirates route out JFK. They are forcing some deep discounts on competitors. I bought 2 r/t tickets for this summer on Delta from DFW to Milan for 750 each which included all the taxes. You have to check the websites daily. Hope this helps someone else as much as it did for us.

mrwo1

Platinum Member
He said Emirates is an airline based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. The airline is a subsidiary of The Emirates Group, which is wholly owned by the government of Dubai'sInvestment Corporation of Dubai.[SUP][3][/SUP] It is the largest airline in the Middle East, operating over 3,300 flights per week from its hub at Dubai International Airport, to more than 148 cities in 78 countries across six continents.[SUP][4][/SUP] Cargo activities are undertaken by Emirates SkyCargo.[SUP][5][/SUP]
But he said he bought the tickets on Delta.

I have flown Emirates several times and will try to avoid them if possible. Nothing to do with who owns them but because the flight crews are rude and the food is horrid (this is cattle class).

On one flight the overhead bin was clearly broken and when I open the empty bin it slammed right into my head. Cleary the hydraulics to control the descent were broken. The response from crew was "no you just don't know how to operate the bin". The weight could have really hurt someone and I was letting them know so they could get fixed and maybe let others know it was broken.

I have taken business trips where I literally have flown around the world so I know how it works. I was really appalled they were so uninterested in passenger safety.

Yes he is flying Delta, I suspect the reason he mentioned Emirates is that competition is lowering prices.
It's also my understanding Emirates can't fly to US from a another country, that is not their base
Ie DFW from LHR can't be Emirates, only DXB DFW

I would not hesitate to use Emirates or Qatar out of DFW to get to Asia with the prices I see

Last edited:
Can they get the flight time down?? I am looking at between 28 and 40 hours to get to my destination. I would fly ISIS Air if I could cut the flight down by half.

Actually any Airline can fly from any country to another country (even not their home base) if they have what is called Fifth Freedom Rights.

Emirates flies from JFK to Milan, Italy because they have those rights on that route

Emirates has crazy low prices and the other Airlines are matching them - including Delta.

Not a huge fan of Emirates but if the choice was between Delta and Emirates (and I wasn't a Top Tier frequent flier on Delta) I would be on Emirates

Yes he is flying Delta, I suspect the reason he mentioned Emirates is that competition is lowering prices.
It's also my understanding Emirates can't fly to US from a another country, that is not their base
Ie DFW from LHR can't be Emirates, only DXB DFW

I would not hesitate to use Emirates or Qatar out of DFW to get to Asia with the prices I see