English

I would like to go back in time, when everybody spoke english....now I go into a store or work and the english is gone...they are all speaking some other language...I don't know what is going on....is there going to be something that may happen....if they come over her they must speak english went out in public.....
What do you think????

Opus

Silver Member
It isn't their first post and they have posted useful info before. Maybe account was hacked? or maybe they have just had enough.

I would like to go back in time, when everybody spoke english....now I go into a store or work and the english is gone...they are all speaking some other language...I don't know what is going on....is there going to be something that may happen....if they come over her they must speak english went out in public.....
What do you think????
Yup. English First. And now we have hyphenated Americans. No one can just be an "American". It's a sad web the powers that be are spinning. Chaos.

rociopat

What do you think????
To only be able to speak English (or any other single language) without learning others is a lost opportunity. I speak multiple languages and I can tell you that English is a very simple or even boring language. Other languages are much more colorful and have multiple ways of saying the same thing. If you don't ever plan to see the world (travel outside of the USA), English is just fine. But if you have an plans to get out and know foreign places, experience different cultures, etc. you should really learn other languages. And yes, an argument might be "English is the international language" (which is ridiculous in itself), but to really get to know the people and culture of a foreign nation you really need to speak their language, to understand what they're saying.
My wife and I have been asked on many occasions "why are you speaking Spanish?" to which we reply "For two reasons: (1) Because we can! and (2) so you can't understand us!"
What do you call someone who speaks two languages? Bilingual
What do you call someone who speaks three languages? Trilingual
What do you call someone who only speaks one language? American

A lot of people are uncomfortable with others speaking a foreign language in their presence. Why? Because they feel left out of the conversation and/or feel that those individuals are talking about them.