Election

Off cycle elections get like a 4% turnout. I like to think of it as my opportunity to cast 25 votes.

In the olden days when you could count the votes with a pencil and a piece of paper. High voter turnout from Starwood would essentially determine the election. With all seats at large, that meant Starwood controlled the entire city government and school district.

vsellis

Scott Ellis
Staff member
Unfortunately I think it's common in local elections. When I showed up to vote we had to wait in line for 30 minutes which was never my experience in the past. I had hoped that was an indicator of higher turn out but apparently not.

Opus

Silver Member
Unfortunately I think it's common in local elections. When I showed up to vote we had to wait in line for 30 minutes which was never my experience in the past. I had hoped that was an indicator of higher turn out but apparently not.
Why do you think there was such a line? Was it just bad timing or was it just poorly run?

vsellis

Scott Ellis
Staff member
Why do you think there was such a line? Was it just bad timing or was it just poorly run?
I suspect (now) I was just at a popular polling location at the right time, but that is a best guess. I had hoped it meant a lot of people were voting.