Dog Boarding

Rebel

Diamond Member
Going out of town for a few days, and need to board the dogs. (Basset, Beagle, Chihuahua/Rat Terrier mix)

Please post up your recommendations for boarding.

Thanks

Woodland Park Pet Resort on 380 and Custer in McKinney. Also have used Bo's Bunkhouse (now called Canine Republic) at Ohio and McDermott in Plano

kenny6

Gold Member
We use 121 Animal Hospital at Independence/121. Boarding is pretty good price plus they can do shots, checkup and grooming or whatever is needed while they are there.

Everyone there has been really nice. Have been using them for the past couple years.

coachrex75035

Platinum Member
Have you considered asking certain young enterprising boys to tend to them in your home for a fee?

(you know who I mean)

Good chance for them to make some money and learn responsibility at the same time.

Every Dog's Day near Preston/Main is fantastic! Someone is on site 24/7, the dogs get to play with others, and you can watch them play on the internet. They give me peace of mind.

A BIG "yes" to Woodland Park Pet Resort. We've used them for 10 years. They have seen us through an elderly dog, a crazy rescue dog and a bouncy 1 year old ranch dog that did not have the least amount of good manners. We've tried others and always go back to Woodland for their consistent, quality care and well run facilities that let dogs be dogs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LisaY

Bronze Member
We use 121 Animal Hospital at Independence/121. Boarding is pretty good price plus they can do shots, checkup and grooming or whatever is needed while they are there.

Everyone there has been really nice. Have been using them for the past couple years.
I have used 121 more recently and the orignal location on Alma since 2003 Dr. Ali and his staff are excellent.

SkiBum

Platinum Member
We've used Every Dog's Day since they opened. They are fantastic and I have peace of mind the minute we walk out of the door after drop-off.

Have you ever looked at the area where the dogs are kept? We had our dog boarded one time at an Animal Hospital, not this one, but the kept the dogs in crates stacked on top of ea other. No dog run. I felt bad when I found out she was kept mainly in a small crate. So not right.

Gracie

Love Every Dog's Day. Have used them multiple times. One of our dogs even had a stroke while he was there and they could not have been more responsive and compassionate. It happened in the very early morning hours and I'm so grateful that he wasn't alone. And for that reason, I'll never use another facility that isn't staffed 24 hours.

Is there a neighborhood kid you know that can one over several times a day to feed, potty and play with? We have traded dog watching with neighbors and it works well plus is way cheaper than a boarding place.

EDD is overkill. Appeals to those who treat dogs as little humans. They don't need tv, turn down service. A bit of attention, food, water and shelter is all they need.

TXJohn1117

Double Platinum
Is there a neighborhood kid you know that can one over several times a day to feed, potty and play with? We have traded dog watching with neighbors and it works well plus is way cheaper than a boarding place.

EDD is overkill. Appeals to those who treat dogs as little humans. They don't need tv, turn down service. A bit of attention, food, water and shelter is all they need.
Very few dogs get that kind of service. Most people just use them for day care or perhaps basic boarding. When we lived in Frisco we took our dog there 2-3 times a week for play just to keep him socialized. Now, whenever we travel to Frisco, we board him there with play for the days he's there. No TV, turn down service or any of that other stuff.

scraven68

Silver Member
I showed my wife the guest services menu on the EDD site, and she almost punched me lol.

Better amenities than some/most hotels we've stayed at! LOL!