Does anyone recognize this dog?

We have friends that desperately need your help. They took a dream vacation for 10 days leaving the first of August. They took their two dogs for boarding at Mr. Pit in Frisco/The Colony. When they got home the first thing they did was go to get their dogs, only to be told that their dogs had been taken to The Colony shelter and labeled as abandoned and they were given no reason as to why. They got pictures, vet records, etc and went to the shelter. This dog had been adopted the other one was still there. The shelter refuses to tell them who adopted Jake, this dog. They treated them terrible. They have had this dog since he was a puppy and their children have grown up with him. He is now 12 and not in good health. He needs to be home with his family, he has to be scared and confused. If you know of anyone who adopted an elderly Golden recently please let them know this dog was not abandoned and needs to be returned to his family, they miss him very much. Let me know if you have questions and I will put you in touch with them. Channel 5 is interviewing them today so should be on TV today or tomorrow. Thanks for your help, hope someone knows something!

Attachments

van

Diamond Member
Glad to see they got their dog back. Shocked that the people that adopted him asked for the $1000 reward before returning him. Hopefully the boarding guy will step up and pay this family their money back

BeerGirl

Diamond Member
I wanted to see this end of this story and couldn't find it. The people that adopted wanted the $1000? That's kind of jerky. I could see the adoption fee!

van

Diamond Member
Yep. They had the owner drop off a blank check at shelter, and waited for them to leave before taking dog in. Claimed their kids were going to be upset. Wasn’t the right thing to do. Completely messed up situation.

Happy the dog was returned to the rightful owner. I'd be trying to find out why the boarding place would have thought the dogs had been abandoned. It seems like the boarding place is totally at fault and should incur any expenses faced by the rightful owner. And shame on the people for extorting money from the dog's original family.

FCS Wes

Silver Member
Yep. They had the owner drop off a blank check at shelter, and waited for them to leave before taking dog in. Claimed their kids were going to be upset. Wasn’t the right thing to do. Completely messed up situation.
I'd have driven straight to the bank and canceled that check, absolute BS on all 3 parties involved, Boarder, animal shelter and the POS's that extorted the family for their dog

FCS Wes

Silver Member
Still a bad decision on all parties involved. If they were asked for info, they should have given it waaaay prior to departure day.
The dog place, Mr Pit, you knew who the dogs belonged to. You didn't need to do what you did, that was spiteful and mean. Seems to me neither party, if they are to be believed, really have no business owning dogs and boarding dogs. You could have simply charged them more for the boarding, had a vet check them and bill the owners.

This whole situation is shady, no way I'd take my dog to Mr Pit though