Do you make your bed each day

Golfer Girl

Triple Platinum
I make my bed every morning. On the rare occassion I don't make it, I make it before I go to bed.

I am with the others who say their bedroom is their sanctuary. My bedroom is peaceful and is kept neat. No clothes on the floor, no computer, etc.

I can't stand making my bed and it's tough being single making a king size.....

That said, the master bedroom looks sloppy if the bed is not made. The rest of the room is always very clean, ( I am a single guy, what am I going to have to make a mess?)........

Plus, a made bed always feels better.

debw712

Diamond Member
I make my bed every morning. On the rare occassion I don't make it, I make it before I go to bed.

I am with the others who say their bedroom is their sanctuary. My bedroom is peaceful and is kept neat. No clothes on the floor, no computer, etc.
No computer but I have a heck of a TV in there :)

Only when company comes. I have too much to do than to spend 10 minutes a day making my bed. I do like the way it looks, but I feel like I am the scene from Along Comes Polly with all of the pillows. Lol
10 minutes? That is a REALLY long time to make a bed! I would say it takes about 2 minutes to make a bed **TOPS**.

Green225

Platinum Member
Define "make you bed"....

I find there is a continuum there between "tossed and turned all night" and "Just put on clean sheets" - I generally put the pillow back where it belongs and adjust the sheets / bedspread, but there ain't no bouncing quarters off of it.....
Ugh... 45 degree hospital corners, sheets taut and tight, comforter perfectly aligned with the edges of the mattress. Just can't shake that 22 years of military discipline.

aggieteach

Double Platinum
We do not at all....why? we will just sleep in it again :)
That is the exact reason I gave my mom growing up. It didn't fly with her. Although then I had about 30 stuffed animals on my bed and it was a pia so I slept on top of my comforter or on the floor :).

Now I am all grown up and I do what I want ... which means I do not make up my bed unless I have a lot of extra time. I will pull up the comforter but I don't fully make it up every day. I will make it up on the weekends after I wash my sheets on Saturday and almost every Sunday morning. If I don't get to it Sunday morning, I will do it soon after church.

I learned the "pull it up and make it look neat" from Oprah ... she had someone on her show years ago that was very OCD and that was one of the tips to help her not stress so much but still have the place looking good.

Is company coming over that has a chance of going into the bedroom? Then yes.

Otherwise no, I fail to see the point.

My wife though tends to make it every day she does not work (4x/week).

We are bed makers but has anyone ever heard of ironing your sheets? My mother used to do it and I dont quite understand that....

Anyone else iron their sheets?

My mother does!!! I thought she was the only one!!
No I guess my mother wasn't crazy after all!! LOL

I always liked getting into a made bed where the sheets had been dried on the clothes line... I loved the scent they had...my mother always said they smelled like sunshine! Never will forget that aroma...a priceless childhood memory...

I make the bed during the week, and DH helps on weekends. It just feels better getting in for some reason. Do I iron my sheets? Heck, no! For the life of me, I can't fold that stupid fitted sheet. Mine are washed, dried, then semi- folded up, or they go straight back on the bed.

I do remember mom drying sheets on the clothes line. They did smell like sunshine. :)

Yep, make it every day. It takes maybe max two minutes if I do it myself. And, we have seven pillows of three different types and layers to "arrange". Don't know why it takes 10 minutes, or whatever. Must be a more complicated setup.

sundae

Gold Member
Maybe the one advantage to having the bedrooms upstairs~ no one sees if my bed is made or not. And, for the record, it is never made. The blankets are pulled up, but that's the extent of it, and that's just to keep the dog hair off of the sheets. :)

10 minutes? That is a REALLY long time to make a bed! I would say it takes about 2 minutes to make a bed **TOPS**.
It takes 10 minutes or more because I have to take all of the various blankets and sheets off the bed and fold them and put them in the closet. Then I have to take the 6 pillows that we sleep on and put them in the closet. Then I get out the pretty pillows and shams. Then I have to fix the duvet in the cover because it gets all wonky. Then I have to center the pillows and fold the decorative blanket perfectly. It takes forever. Lol. It looks great when I am done.

We are bed makers but has anyone ever heard of ironing your sheets? My mother used to do it and I dont quite understand that....

Anyone else iron their sheets?
I've been waiting for someone to bring this up!! My mother learned how to iron by ironing sheets as a child (she was born in 1925...), yet she never ironed ours :). I had never done so either and knew someone years ago who did, I looked at her like she was an alien!!!! (she responded the same....you DON'T??)

Moved into a new house, new wonderful bed, expensive sheets....I got them out of the dryer the first time and thought...hmmm....let's try it....starched and ironed them...OMG!!!! Both my husband and I are hooked!!!! They aren't stiff, just.....clean.......and I can make the bed quickly each morning and the freshness lasts all week! I never would have imagined the difference!!

debw712

Diamond Member
Ahh my Achille's Heel- ironing.

I hate it.

No, never iron sheets but if you take them out the dryer quickly, or better still dry them on a line in the sun by an ocean when possible, nothing is crisper, cleaner or fresher :)

aggieteach

Double Platinum
It takes 10 minutes or more because I have to take all of the various blankets and sheets off the bed and fold them and put them in the closet. Then I have to take the 6 pillows that we sleep on and put them in the closet. Then I get out the pretty pillows and shams. Then I have to fix the duvet in the cover because it gets all wonky. Then I have to center the pillows and fold the decorative blanket perfectly. It takes forever. Lol. It looks great when I am done.
If I had to do all that, I would never make up my bed!!! :)